20,000 Posts

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Its been almost 8 years since I joined Sportz Insomnia and today I reached 20,000 posts. 8 years ago I was a freshman in a college dorm room during a summer semester trying to finish up my private pilot license with my best friend in Daytona Beach, Florida. Its funny looking back on it now because neither of us had a car at the time and we would walk to the grocery store in 98 degree weather and our ice cream would always melt on the walk back, lol. I initially joined SI due to the fantasy leagues that at the time were being run by Ripcity (basketball) and Jarrod (baseball). I was surprised how passionate and dedicated everyone was to their respective teams. It made you want to work just as hard to create articles for extra points or go on AIM to offer trade proposals for hours to various people. Dez usually was the best one at winning lopsided trades that the league at the time didnt reject. I also remember that if you got Penny, Kobe, or Iverson; TYO would literally trade you anyone on his team for that player lol. 

From there I started to post more in the forums, getting to know people like Pugz, Cheato, BB, PM7, Mexi, CC, GMF, Guid, Snipe and Rios. I would say that my sports knowledge has improved because of the members here and its been enjoyable learning about people from various parts of the country. Its funny to think that I hosted a Board Awards one year and was an MLB Moderator for a time as well. I hope this forum continues to be a place to get away from lifes problems and a place where sports discussion can flow. For those of you that I didnt mention, there are just too many names to keep track, but I remember everybody. I want to thank everyone who has had a positive impact on my life here on SI. Thank you. 

FPS 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im pretty glad you stuck around, left, but came back. youre definitely a great member to have. its pretty good to see how well your life turned out too. still waiting for that plane ticket to ireland doe

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks for the shoutout man. We're all basically an online family that's what keeps this site going lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%