Jamie Collins Traded to the Browns

Chief

Reaction score
JAMIE COLLINS was traded to the Browns for a compensentory 3rd round pick this year. The pick is from Alex Mack.

Foreman

Detroit Vs. Everybody
Reaction score
He apparently wanted Von Miller money so they just sent him to the worst team

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
My thinking about this, now that I'm home

• While technically an ILB in our system, he's listed at OLB, and would get paid a lot more just based on being called an OLB and getting paid Von Miller / Justin Houston money
• Maybe re-signing Hightower during the FA period would negate a compensatory pick of Collins, so this was the compensatory pick. Nobody really knows the compensation process, except maybe Belichick
• Elandon Roberts has done really well this season tbh -- not Hightower / Collins level but viable as a starter
• Done on Day 1 of the Bye Week, so we have time to get prepared as the new squad

Chief

Reaction score
From the Browns perspective they weren't getting a player of Jamie's quality anytime soon. They have 50 million in cap room and they have to spend it. This was a good deal for both sides as the Patriot's can't afford to give Jamie the type of contract he wants.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It should be interesting to see how Collins performs in Cleveland

I projected him around draft time as a 3-4 OLB, and he was one of the best pass rushing ILBs in football. Is he gonna play ILB or be an edge rusher?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have him in fantasy football. Will he get more tackles?

Chief

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
It should be interesting to see how Collins performs in Cleveland

I projected him around draft time as a 3-4 OLB, and he was one of the best pass rushing ILBs in football. Is he gonna play ILB or be an edge rusher?
I would play him Inside personally and let Ogbah and Schobert run after the QB from the edge

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm definitely not against trading a late 3rd for a great linebacker who is only 27.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, they really had to hate this guy, because they basically would have gotten a 3rd round pick in 2018 if they just let him leave in free agency

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Also, they really had to hate this guy, because they basically would have gotten a 3rd round pick in 2018 if they just let him leave in free agency
I question whether signing hightower during the FA period would have cancelled that out

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
As a Browns fan? Love it. Collins is a force and we lack playmakers. Shows me the team is willing to make strides with putting a capable team on the field and he's still young. 

As a realist? Unsure. Puts us in a very awkward spot because we will have to overpay him to stay ("Von Miller money") or we lose him in FA and we wasted a 3rd round pick (and also possibly draft position if he is able to make plays like he did in NE) for nothing. I feel like management will pay him either way because they wouldn't want the backlash. 

At the moment I love the move and I'm happy we finally fucking did something. Was never a fan of selling off the talent that you do have to lose more when 1. We don't have that much talent and 2. We are already bad enough to lose on our own lol. I'm sure that part of me is caught up in the moment but I love it right now. We won't know if it was the right move or not until the offseason though... Or if we are able to get an extension with him. I find it hard to believe that they haven't had extension talks with his agent prior to making this move.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they don't re-sign Collins they'll get a 3rd round comp pick in 2018. So the only thing this trade would actually cost is a waiting a year for an extra 3rd

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
Wow. Definitely not a move I expected but a great one none the least.

47th oG

Reaction score
Didn't expect the 0-8 Browns to be buyers at the deadline

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't really like this for either side.

You have the Pats once again playing with fire by moving an elite player to avoid paying them, and you have the Browns giving up a relatively decent draft pick for a guy that might not even sign with them.  They could be getting an 8 game rental in a season where they will be far better off by not winning any games.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I'm definitely not against trading a late 3rd for a great linebacker who is only 27.
How is the pick a late third?

If anything it can be considered a late second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%