Bucs sign RB Derrick Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From rotoworld.com
Bucs agreed to terms with RB Derrick Ward on a four-year, $17 million contract with $6 million guaranteed.

The move deals a big blow to Earnest Graham's projected role and may cost Cadillac Williams a roster spot. Ward, 28, has experience running behind the zone blocks OC Jeff Jagodzinski will use and is more explosive than Graham. Ward led the NFL in YPC average last year among backs with 84+ carries, and caught 41 passes. While a committee is certain, Ward is probably the best bet to start behind Tampa Bay's young, highly talented offensive line.
Damn, I wanted the Chiefs to go after Ward to replace LJ :(

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Hell of a pick-up, now we just need to put Gaines Adams at RB, and we can be the Giants.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
i really wonder what they are gonna do bout the qb situation

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
i really wonder what they are gonna do bout the qb situation
We have Luke Mckown, guy has a good arm, and he runs a 4.5.

We also have Josh Johnson, who I'm big on, he threw 43 touchdowns in his senior year in college, with just one interception, all of the random Bucs fans don't think he shoud play, but why not? He played DII football, was the MVP of the E-W shrine game, and he had a better college QB rating than Joe Flacco, who we all know is an NFL starter. Not to mention Josh runs a 4.39.

Seriously, I would love for Josh to start, all the true Tampa fans are big on him.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bradon Jacobs is the only member of that "Earth, Wind, and Fire" group who can actually make it on his won. Ward wasn't anything special before he was a NY Giant & certainly won't be after.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Bradon Jacobs is the only member of that "Earth, Wind, and Fire" group who can actually make it on his won. Ward wasn't anything special before he was a NY Giant & certainly won't be after.
He better be...

*shakes fist*

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I hope AE's right.
All we need to do is put Gaines at RB man, we'd have a fast, big, powerful RB.

Then again, Graham is a pretty big guy, we have Cadillac (LOL!) Williams, and Clifton.

I know with this, it means that were not gonna shoot for Moreno like most thought.

Maybe we can get Percy.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
so much for my signature.
o wait i got rid of the earth wind and fire.

Ya, this pisses me off but I saw it coming. I think he'll have success. It might take him a year or two to adjust to a larger role but he'll be good. Not great, but he'll have some success back there.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
so much for my signature.
o wait i got rid of the earth wind and fire.

Ya, this pisses me off but I saw it coming. I think he'll have success. It might take him a year or two to adjust to a larger role but he'll be good. Not great, but he'll have some success back there.
He should be used as a closer.

Give Graham 15 carries before the fourth, and Ward just five. Then in the fourth give all carries to Ward.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol your RB trio is no where close to what ours was.

But I hope ward does well too, but this gives Bradshaw more PT, and I think he can be even better then ward, hopefully he proves me right...

And I have the same problem GMF, I gotta get rid of this sick "Three Headed Beast" sig....

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Lol your RB trio is no where close to what ours was.

But I hope ward does well too, but this gives Bradshaw more PT, and I think he can be even better then ward, hopefully he proves me right...

And I have the same problem GMF, I gotta get rid of this sick "Three Headed Beast" sig....
I never said it was did I?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
/sarcasm

And thank god for the Giants they have Jacobs, we all know what happens when they ask Eloli to win a game.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thank God we do have Jacobs, cause Eli isnt the guy you want to depend on to win you the game.

But say what you want about him, he still has a ring.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Thank God we do have Jacobs, cause Eli isnt the guy you want to depend on to win you the game.

But say what you want about him, he still has a ring.
Thanks do the NY D-line.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One part of a team cant win a championship, If I remember right, Eli led the game winning drive and threw the GW TD pass, D-Line wasnt in on that series.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
One part of a team cant win a championship, If I remember right, Eli led the game winning drive and threw the GW TD pass, D-Line wasnt in on that series.
lol, he also led the NFL in INT's, and won on the luckiest play in superbowl history. That D-line kept them in that game, they should have been the first group MVP's.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Eli, he has a ring.

Led the league in INT's, yes, also dethroned the undefeated Pats, and proved critics wrong. As for the play it isnt his fault the Pats defenders couldnt bring him down and it isnt his fault Tyree made that incredible catch, but he did elude the defenders and he did put the ball EXACTLY where it was supposed to be.

Its simple, he may not be his brother, but he played his best when we needed it most.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of Eli, he has a ring.

Led the league in INT's, yes, also dethroned the undefeated Pats, and proved critics wrong. As for the play it isnt his fault the Pats defenders couldnt bring him down and it isnt his fault Tyree made that incredible catch, but he did elude the defenders and he did put the ball EXACTLY where it was supposed to be.

Its simple, he may not be his brother, but he played his best when we needed it most.
You can not sit here, and say that that wasn't the luckiest play in SuperBowl history.

And that team (New England) wasn't known for it's defense, lets be perfectly clear about that.

Eli will never, ever, be half as good as his brother, and he should have been on his knees thanking Tyree and that defense.

I hate Eli, because of what a loser he is, Peyton has a personality, Eli, well Eli is just a, idk, <Censored>?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%