Not open for further replies.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Hell, last year's should feel a lot worse than this years.
I think this year is worse because it cost them an NFC Championship and a Super Bowl birth. If Marcus makes the tackle last season the Saints go to Philly, but I still think they lose on the road. It's certainly debatable though, considering one was self inflicted and the other wasn't.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It's just funny to me how New Orleans fans are playing the victim card so hard. Like somebody above said, that call didn't decide the game.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
18-1 was fucking brutal man. Honestly one of the worst feelings in my entire life, and I was still extremely upset with it until Malcolm Butler's INT. By now, it is what it is, but there isn't a worse feeling than what happened. Its worse than the Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead versus LeBron, or the Yankees losing a 3-0 ALCS lead to Boston...

06 isnt AS bad as the others but it hurt
18-1 was poetic justice.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
It's just funny to me how New Orleans fans are playing the victim card so hard. Like somebody above said, that call didn't decide the game.
Could you blame us? Refs throw the flag the game is literally over. If that isnt deciding the game I dont know what is.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Could you blame us? Refs throw the flag the game is literally over. If that isnt deciding the game I dont know what is.
They still had a very high percent chance of winning the game after they went up 3, and even after that they had a north of 50% chance of winning once they won the coin toss in OT.

Paulius

Reaction score
Lmao i wont argue bc i do like Brady and how clutch he is but no

Brady > Bron though without a doubt

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I will say there's something about a super bowl where you are so strongly rooting against the patriots. Makes when they lose almost feel like you won a championship.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DJT said:
I will say there's something about a super bowl where you are so strongly rooting against the patriots. Makes when they lose almost feel like you won a championship.
Imagine Tom Brady fumbling with the game on the line to give your team their first ever Super Bowl.

Don't think I'll ever experience anything better as a sports fan than that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really liked the undefeated Patriots team loss to the Giants. That was spectacular and i'm not even a Giants fan.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Imagine Tom Brady fumbling with the game on the line to give your team their first ever Super Bowl.

Don't think I'll ever experience anything better as a sports fan than that.
All that poop in his eye

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Question for yall:

would you rather the Pats win this Super Bowl, and Brady/Gronk retire, or them lose but they will continue on being the Patriots for the next 3-4 seasons, likely to make 3-4 more SB appearances?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Question for yall:

would you rather the Pats win this Super Bowl, and Brady/Gronk retire, or them lose but they will continue on being the Patriots for the next 3-4 seasons, likely to make 3-4 more SB appearances?
Lol "likely"

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Question for yall:

Definitely them lose. And I highly doubt they'll make 3-4 appearances in that time. I would say doubtful/questionable at best.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Let's say there truly was a 50% chance every year that the Pats make the Super Bowl (truly it's lower, but let's just use that number). If Brady were to play 4 more years after this, the probability of making all 4 Super Bowls in that time would be 6.25%....

But that's the type of arrogant statement that all New England fans make

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
weve made 3 straight and 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls, and 8 straight AFCCGs

its absolutely likely, and your anti Boston bias is showing

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
weve made 3 straight and 4 of the last 5 Super Bowls, and 8 straight AFCCGs

its absolutely likely, and your anti Boston bias is showing
Define likely? Higher chance than any other team in the AFC? Maybe. But like I said, even if you overestimated their chance of making it in any given year, the chance of then doing that four straight years is very small.

There's absolutely no bias in what I just posted, it's literally a mathematical calculation (and an overestimation at that).

But yeah, Boston vs. the world! You guys have it so hard up there.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bosox, people age, they tend to not get as good year after year. Brady and Gronk's wheels will start falling off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%