Hall of Fame Votes

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fairly surprising to see Bonds and Clemens do this well. They're definitely gonna get in eventually at this rate

catman

Reaction score
Actually, the Hall is not complete without them.  They are arguably the best players of their era and need to be in.  A statement about their legal status should be placed on their plaques but they definitely deserve the honor.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the guy who ran the league during the steroid era is alllwed to get into the hall of fame, the players definitely should be allowed.

brett05

Reaction score
Pretty sadden that Lee Smith isn't going to get in thru the writers.  He was right there with any closer when he played and his intimidation was off the charts when he entered a game.  FTR, I am a Cub hater and I would have him in my personal HOF.

catman

Reaction score
One reason for Smith's lack of support was that he played for so many teams.  Had he stayed in one place for 10 years, he'd already be in.

brett05

Reaction score
catman said:
One reason for Smith's lack of support was that he played for so many teams.  Had he stayed in one place for 10 years, he'd already be in.
There is some of that I agree.  It still shoudn't matter.  If anything it should help the case of someone in demand.

catman

Reaction score
Raines, Bagwell and Pudge are in.  Hoffman and Vlad just missed.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'll never understand why some people don't vote for a player because it's their "first" year on the ballot. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
baseball is too old fashioned

catman

Reaction score
One of the unfortunate stories from the voters is that Jorge Posada only got 3.8% of the votes.  He needed 5% to stay on the ballot, so he won't be elected by the writers.

catman

Reaction score
brett05 said:
Thome and Chipper get in next year as first timers for me.
Agreed.  Both are very deserving and neither has any suspicions surrounding them.  Vlad and Hoffman should make it next year, as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%