CBA is Done!!!!!

catman

Reaction score
5 years, change in luxury tax, change in QO compensation, no change in roster size, no international draft.
None of this takes effect until after next season, so this group of FA's may have some trouble getting signed.  Some will go back to their old teams to maintain their value.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Felt like luxury tax should have been above 200 million given the game's revenue

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see a lot more guys taking the QO now because they wont have to deal with it again
Each player can only get one QO

Probably more midseason rental trades too. No need for teams to hold onto guys since the pick is gone. The new incentove is so weak id rather get prospects via trade

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AP is reporting the asg isnt going to determine world series home field anymore

Finally

Also, the 15 day disabled list is reduced to 10 which is cool. More teams can just use it instead of sitting guys for a few days cause they dont want to lose them for 2 weeks, which means playing a man short which in the nl at least, isnt fun

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Sounds good. Big fan of the changes. Only thing i dont like is the luxury tax, but i already touched on that.

brett05

Reaction score
I like the changes to the HFA to be best record of teams competing in the WS instead of rotate, ASG winner, or best record of team in regular season.

Looks like IFA punishments will still be honored and grandfathered into the new CBA for those under punishment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%