Best QB in the League?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who would you say, personally I'd say Peyton.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Peyton is so good at what he does, but damn is he really working with 3 great receivers...

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It kind of goes both ways though.  Thomas and Decker are very good receivers, but they were average at best before Peyton got to Denver.  

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hurricane said:
It kind of goes both ways though.  Thomas and Decker are very good receivers, but they were average at best before Peyton got to Denver.  

Well when you have had Kyle Orton/Tim Tebow as your QB of course lol

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuhgeddaboudit said:
D. Thomas was average? 

He had several injuries throughout his first couple of years, but he didn't accomplish much.  His rookie year, he didn't even manage 300 total yards on the season.  Kyle Orton was QB, sure, but Brandon Lloyd led the league in receiving that year with Orton at QB.

The talent was always there, but it's very hard to flourish as a receiver without a QB.  Peyton and his receivers are great for each other.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Rodgers. He can do everything. Peyton is a great QB but when your list of great receivers reads Harrison, Wayne, Thomas, Decker, and Welker throughout your career, that has a lot to do with it. It's just like people who proclaim Phil Jackson as the best coach in NBA history just because of his rings, when in fact he was, quite simply, in the right places at the right time. Any other great coach would have won rings with his rosters, too.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd argue that Rodgers' current group of receivers is collectively better than anything Peyton has ever had.  Even better last year with Jennings. It's tough to say for sure though, because we haven't seen any of them without Rodgers for an extended period of time.

Reggie Wayne and Wes Welker are the only two receivers Peyton has had that have been consistently great with and without him at QB.

EDIT: Rodgers is great, though. I still have him at #2.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Peyton doesn't perform when it matters. Aaron does. 

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Manning

Eli

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Meh. 1 ring to 1 ring.

Plus the numbers simply aren't on your side in general. 

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
I don't know stats, but when people say Peyton doesn't perform when it matters, are they saying that he puts up bad stats in the postseason?

I mean...it's a team sport so I don't get how that is a valid argument...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you could make the case that Peyton made his receivers what they are, aside from a couple.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fuhgeddaboudit said:
I don't know stats, but when people say Peyton doesn't perform when it matters, are they saying that he puts up bad stats in the postseason?

I mean...it's a team sport so I don't get how that is a valid argument...
It isn't a valid argument.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
judging on what sense? He's made 1 SB appearance and I believe only 1 NFC Championship game appearance as well. Does Peyton win every year? No. But it's kinda hard when you face TFB every year.

In general, I hate this whole "he can't win a title" bullshit. You know how many teams don't win the Super Bowl each year? 31. You know how many do? 1. The fact you say "Peyton can't win Super Bowls, he's overrated" or "Pats haven't won since 04, they suck" or some bullshit like that, it's just retarded. I don't get where you can make some claim stating that Peyton "doesn't perform when it matters" but Rodgers does. Is it Peyton's fault Rahim Moore can't play FS for his life?

I'll take TFB and Peyton over Rodgers, because TBFH Rodgers is the one who hasn't done shit out of these 3

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont think that is his middle name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%