PWNdroia

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:12 PM

K's are better than double plays meh

Absolutely.

Auu3Ugw.jpg

mlb postseason record

Took me awhile to get that, but good one.

What an incredible ride this post-season has been. I keep thinking that people will give the Astros the credit they deserve, but it never seems to be that way. This whole series I had to listen to Judge this, and Judge that. I even heard the announcers say that Gardner played an outstanding LF (while he bounced a throw 6 times into 2nd base). Hey, it is what it is. A-Fraud and Co picked the Yankees to win almost every game. Meanwhile, the real MVP came up big and led his team to the World Series. This team has more heart than any team out there. That is the reason why they won the series IMO. 

Now we move on to the Dodgers, and I can already see the narrative building on Twitter. The Dodgers bullpen gives the Astros no chance to come back and Kershaw will steal their soul. That's fine. I dont expect the Astros to ever be favored, and I think they actually like it that way. The Astros are only spoken of favorably when the MSM wants to throw in the Harvey rebuild. We are only a good story because of our cities suffering. Whatevs. This team is playing hard for their city. They have been an absolute joy to watch, and I wish the ASTROS the best of luck over the next 4-7 games. 

I'll admit.  The Dodgers are better this year.  I think it's going to be a good series, but I do hope Houston wins.  I like Dave Roberts though, so I'm indifferent either way.  Verlander deserves to win.

#722 OFFLINE   Mexi

Mexi

"What a guy. Wow. Amazing. Beautiful."

• Hall of Fame
  • 51,230 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:50 PM

Dodgers and Astros both acquired aces at the deadlines despite being the best teams in their league
lel

#723 OFFLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 46,399 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:02 PM

Different deadline, but yeah. Come 7/31 I thought the Astros were crazy for not making a move

1502213674-U10.gif

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

#724 ONLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Dodgers and Astros both acquired aces at the deadlines despite being the best teams in their league

Indians still had the better record over Astros, unless you're talking about the individual divisions.

#725 OFFLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 46,399 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:41 PM

I think he means the Astros had a better record at the time of the deadline

1502213674-U10.gif

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

#726 ONLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted Today, 04:48 AM

I think he means the Astros had a better record at the time of the deadline

Ah right.

#727 OFFLINE   Mexi

Mexi

"What a guy. Wow. Amazing. Beautiful."

• Hall of Fame
  • 51,230 posts

Posted Today, 11:12 AM

Different deadline, but yeah. Come 7/31 I thought the Astros were crazy for not making a move

That's why I said deadlines
lel

#728 OFFLINE   catman

catman

• 478 posts

Posted Today, 07:48 PM

Auu3Ugw.jpg

mlb postseason record

No kidding.  This kid needs to tighten up his swing or his career will not be particularly long, IMO.  Coaches are too smart and pitchers are too good at spinning the ball for him to hit a lot unless he closes the holes in his swing.  

A number of years ago, I saw a kid in the low minors that hit about .400 on fastballs, but about .050 on breaking balls.  Though Judge isn't that bad, his splits are not impressive.  No way I would throw him more than one fastball per AB that is a strike.

#729 ONLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted Today, 09:09 PM

No kidding.  This kid needs to tighten up his swing or his career will not be particularly long, IMO.  Coaches are too smart and pitchers are too good at spinning the ball for him to hit a lot unless he closes the holes in his swing.  

A number of years ago, I saw a kid in the low minors that hit about .400 on fastballs, but about .050 on breaking balls.  Though Judge isn't that bad, his splits are not impressive.  No way I would throw him more than one fastball per AB that is a strike.

I disagree.  This guy is the real deal.  Might decline a bit on average next year, but his power numbers will be up.

#730 ONLINE   elcheato

elcheato

Legend

• Hall of Fame
  • 66,519 posts

Posted Today, 09:12 PM

His average is definitely gonna dip but he'll be good for 40+ homers a year and walk a lot

1463678463-U12317.png

#731 ONLINE   PWNdroia

PWNdroia

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted Today, 09:16 PM

His average is definitely gonna dip but he'll be good for 40+ homers a year and walk a lot

Agreed

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

snipezo

This topic has been visited by 24 user(s)

PWNdroia, JZsportswhiz, .ptt81, bosoxlover12, Teagz, catman, Big Bid'Ness, snipezo, The Guid, elcheato, lilbravesfan22, Mexi, GMF1991, Coach, BlackMamba, BrewCrewFan, CameronCrazy06, brett05, AiRuPtHeRe™, Rios, BNC, Nonsense, Hurricane Season, Savage

Social Media

Site Info