PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
K's are better than double plays meh

Absolutely.

bosoxlover12 said:

mlb postseason record

Took me awhile to get that, but good one.

Coach said:
What an incredible ride this post-season has been. I keep thinking that people will give the Astros the credit they deserve, but it never seems to be that way. This whole series I had to listen to Judge this, and Judge that. I even heard the announcers say that Gardner played an outstanding LF (while he bounced a throw 6 times into 2nd base). Hey, it is what it is. A-Fraud and Co picked the Yankees to win almost every game. Meanwhile, the real MVP came up big and led his team to the World Series. This team has more heart than any team out there. That is the reason why they won the series IMO. 

Now we move on to the Dodgers, and I can already see the narrative building on Twitter. The Dodgers bullpen gives the Astros no chance to come back and Kershaw will steal their soul. That's fine. I dont expect the Astros to ever be favored, and I think they actually like it that way. The Astros are only spoken of favorably when the MSM wants to throw in the Harvey rebuild. We are only a good story because of our cities suffering. Whatevs. This team is playing hard for their city. They have been an absolute joy to watch, and I wish the ASTROS the best of luck over the next 4-7 games. 

I'll admit.  The Dodgers are better this year.  I think it's going to be a good series, but I do hope Houston wins.  I like Dave Roberts though, so I'm indifferent either way.  Verlander deserves to win.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers and Astros both acquired aces at the deadlines despite being the best teams in their league

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Different deadline, but yeah. Come 7/31 I thought the Astros were crazy for not making a move

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Dodgers and Astros both acquired aces at the deadlines despite being the best teams in their league
Indians still had the better record over Astros, unless you're talking about the individual divisions.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I think he means the Astros had a better record at the time of the deadline

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Different deadline, but yeah. Come 7/31 I thought the Astros were crazy for not making a move
That's why I said deadlines

catman

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:

mlb postseason record
No kidding.  This kid needs to tighten up his swing or his career will not be particularly long, IMO.  Coaches are too smart and pitchers are too good at spinning the ball for him to hit a lot unless he closes the holes in his swing.  

A number of years ago, I saw a kid in the low minors that hit about .400 on fastballs, but about .050 on breaking balls.  Though Judge isn't that bad, his splits are not impressive.  No way I would throw him more than one fastball per AB that is a strike.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
No kidding.  This kid needs to tighten up his swing or his career will not be particularly long, IMO.  Coaches are too smart and pitchers are too good at spinning the ball for him to hit a lot unless he closes the holes in his swing.  
A number of years ago, I saw a kid in the low minors that hit about .400 on fastballs, but about .050 on breaking balls.  Though Judge isn't that bad, his splits are not impressive.  No way I would throw him more than one fastball per AB that is a strike.
I disagree.  This guy is the real deal.  Might decline a bit on average next year, but his power numbers will be up.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His average is definitely gonna dip but he'll be good for 40+ homers a year and walk a lot

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So the dodgers on field cap with the WS patch is a must right? Even if they lose?
Idk why im so tentative

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
its hard for me to have perspective, because my three teams have all won titles, but i wouldnt want to wear 2010 Celtics Finals gear or 2007+2011 Pats gear

id wait to the end of the series and if they win go nuts on purchasing

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
its hard for me to have perspective, because my three teams have all won titles, but i wouldnt want to wear 2010 Celtics Finals gear or 2007+2011 Pats gear

id wait to the end of the series and if they win go nuts on purchasing
that's the plan

But on the other hand, this is the first time I've ever seen a world series. I'm not even going to be mad if they lose. Getting there is huge

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
and yea thats what im saying, i have poor perspective

sox havent lost in the world series and have won 3
celtics lost in 2010 but won in 2008
pats won 3 titles before their 07 and 11 losses

im spoiled

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Adrian Gonzalez not gonna be at the World Series because he's taking his family to Europe

So salty got damn

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Mexi said:
So the dodgers on field cap with the WS patch is a must right? Even if they lose?
Idk why im so tentative
The hat is a must IMO. WS patch hats are the best baseball hats

I wouldn't get NL champs shit or anything like that tho. Wait until the Series is over. Win or lose all the other stuff will go on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%