Boston and Phoenix Deal in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I got this from a another forum so take it for what its worth.

Latest rumor out of Phoenix: Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, and the 14th overall pick. Source: sports.ktar.com

Not sure if this is entirely speculation, but it is being talked about (Gambo & Ash) on the radio as I write this. No sources mentioned, so take it as such. They did mention that Boston initiated the proposal, and that the Suns have not made a comment on it as of yet.

On the surface, I don't like the trade. And I think most Celtics fans would feel the same way. On the flip-side, Phoenix fans are calling in, saying that Amare alone is worth Rondo and Allen. My question - where the hell would Perk play? Unless there's more to this, it makes little sense for the C's. However, this is the type of haul that Ray Allen's expiring contract, and another piece or two (not Rondo, by the way), could bring.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If it's true it helps the Suns a lot IMO. They get an expiring and and great young PG. Celtics don't look too bad either, they could always move Perk for a decent PG and draft a PG. But this is just mumbo jumbo.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Off the record, we have several sources telling us that Ray Allen is, indeed, on the block. It's easy to make the leap, as the Celtics have managed to develop some nice young talent around their Big Three while also managing to win a championship. They might have even repeated had Kevin Garnett been healthy. It's not a stretch to say the Celtics would part with Allen, who has an ending contract next season, if they could add another top young player to the mix. On the record we have an added wrinkle - one that we thought to be highly unlikely until we found it reported with a quote attributed to Celtics GM Danny Ainge. It seems the Celtics are willing to package Rajon Rondo with Allen to make the right deal happen.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Really hope this doesn't happen, but if it has to and he won't resign in 010, then I understand we'd have to do it.

Dice-J

Reaction score
This is an interesting deal. As much as I love Ray, i also like Amare. Plus Barbosa isn't to bad either. We could also draft a PG like Flynn with #14. If this deal is for real, I wouldn't be mad at all if the Celtics pull the trigger.

wade3

The T.O of SI
Reaction score
Dumbass trade for Phoenix!

If they do that, we don;t have any other big men beside Shaq who is old.
Who are we gonna depend on Lopez? Please....

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Celtics would be making a big mistale by trading Rondo, he's the only young guy on the team who has the potential to be a star, if im not mistaken, Big Baby is a FA and will probably get a better deal somewhere else.

But I highly doubt they move him...

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Agree with you Dez. What is the point in having Amare and KG without Rondo running the point?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They would get the 14th pick too, they could take Lawson or maybe even Fylnn.

Dice-J

Reaction score
I'd hate to see Rondo leave, and he will become a star. Now that I'm thinking about it, I might hate this trade as much as I'd love it. but I'm expecting Big Baby to come back to Boston

Dice-J

Reaction score
Celtics would have:
PG - Pick #14
SG - Barbosa
SF - Pierce
PF - Garnett
C - Amare

Plus Perk, Big Baby, Bill Walker, Eddie House, and Powe off the bench. This could really work. Plus trade Perk for a PG. Another thing, Pruitt can play PG.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You dont want Pruitt as your starting PG, he'd not ready for that.

But I did overlook the 14th pick, they could grab a solid PG then, but I think this move would only hurt them.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This move really makes no sense for the Suns.

C - Shaq (old as balls)
PF -
SF- Richardson
SG - Allen
PG - Rondo

They are going to need a PF badly, and a young one at that.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They have Robin Lopez so he could step in and play PF.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trade Nash for Bosh? I dunno. Nash would be happy.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amare has already stated that he wants to go to New York, so you would think they would want to deal him, and if you can get an up and coming PG and a win-now SG for a guy everyone knows you have to unload, its a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%