2017 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Fister has done nothing to lead me to believe we should have any confidence in him.

Sure Holt should have caught the popup in the third, but he's still not a good pitcher.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
.ptt81 said:
Fister has done nothing to lead me to believe we should have any confidence in him.

Sure Holt should have caught the popup in the third, but he's still not a good pitcher.
Neither has Porcello for that matter. Porcello is our opening day starter. Fister is a guy who can just eat innings for us out of the pen if need be. His standards aren't nearly as high for the price he costs.

For the amount of money we pay Porcello, he's far worse than Fister. If we paid Porcello Fister money and put him as our #4 or #5 pitcher, I wouldn't complain about him as much. But people go around talking about Porcello like he's our next ace because he had one good season with us.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
How can you say he's better than Porcello at his best? Does he have a Cy young?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
How can you say he's better than Porcello at his best? Does he have a Cy young?
At least was. He was downright dirty in Detroit. Porcello never pitched to his level.

From 2011 to 2014 Fister was a great pitcher. Porcello never reached a similar ERA in his career, let alone consistently in a span of three years.

Fister still has a career ERA of 3.64 and a career FIP of 3.81. Porcello has a career ERA of 4.23 and a career FIP of 3.95. Career-wise, Fister is better.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
He literally just won a Cy young last year haha
On all second votes. He scalped Verlander for it. Rick Porcello was not the best pitcher. See my last post where I edited my post and listed career ERAs. Fister has the better career ERA and FIP.

And using the CY Young argument is garbage because he had one good year and can't do it consistently. Fister's best year was better than Porcello's Cy Young year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
fister? I hardly know her

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Mexi said:
fister? I hardly know her
I'm not getting your point...

Or the sarcasm.

Not sure why people are ignorantly against looking at career stats to prove a point.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
I'm not getting your point...

Or the sarcasm.

Not sure why people are ignorantly against looking at career stats to prove a point.
you really dont get that? fist-her...

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
At least was. He was downright dirty in Detroit. Porcello never pitched to his level.

From 2011 to 2014 Fister was a great pitcher. Porcello never reached a similar ERA in his career, let alone consistently in a span of three years.

Fister still has a career ERA of 3.64 and a career FIP of 3.81. Porcello has a career ERA of 4.23 and a career FIP of 3.95. Career-wise, Fister is better.
I feel like Porcello has had a career similar to Fister though. 

Sinker baller who can eat up mediocre to slightly above average innings, with similar peripherals. 

Don't even get why you're discredting Procello's performance last year anyways. He was a big part of why the red sox were so good last year. And it's not like he's been a total negative for this year either. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Porcello is trash tho.

Maybe trash is too strong, definitely mediocre

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
...and so is Fister.
But Fister at least has four good years to show for his career, one or two of which is better than Porcello's CY Young award year.

Porcello has 2 years to show for his name and even then he wasn't the best pitcher. His career ERA and FIP are both higher than Fister's.

Maybe Fister has been bad lately, but when he was at his best, Porcello couldn't compare. That's why I like Fister more. His potential is/was at least higher.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Porcello's 2016 was a complete anomaly. He never was that guy and he's still not that guy. Fister had a 4 year stretch where he was actually good (where Porcello has not), but he's washed now. I really don't ever see him repeating his 2011-2014 success ever again.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Porcello's 2016 was a complete anomaly. He never was that guy and he's still not that guy. Fister had a 4 year stretch where he was actually good (where Porcello has not), but he's washed now. I really don't ever see him repeating his 2011-2014 success ever again.
That's what they said about a lot of pitchers. Lackey and Sabathia come to mind, and they had pretty good turnarounds.

Very well said. Maybe people will actually believe this now that I didn't say it.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It doesnt matter if it was an anomaly Porcello was better last year than Fister ever has.

Thats the point were trying to make. They both suck right now too, why is it even being discussed?

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
It doesnt matter if it was an anomaly Porcello was better last year than Fister ever has.

Thats the point were trying to make. They both suck right now too, why is it even being discussed?
You're joking, right?

Did you look at Fister's 2011 stats?

I didn't know Porcello had an ERA in the 2.00's last year with a 3.03 FIP. That's news to me. I also didn't know he had consecutive years with an ERA 3.50 or lower. This Porcello you speak of must be really, really good. What am I missing?

Verlander should have won CY Young lady year, and I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%