Suggestion Thread

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
homepage could be nice. It might not sound good but we need someone like Evan Massey to help us get more members lol

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
I would also love to have an active NHL section ... sucks that no one talks in it

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
I'm working on my school work right now when I'm done I gotta start looking for more people ...

if you know any sites let me know I'll try to talk with members and bring them here

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^What he said

We need to start taking more advantage of the social sites like facebook, twitter, youtube. Maybe a sportzin deviantart page.

But with twitter and facebook, we can advertise our tournaments, our graphics voting, and any other thing we do like that.
we had a si dA page and it did nothing and this was when the site was at its peak.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
homepage could be nice. It might not sound good but we need someone like Evan Massey to help us get more members lol
no we don't. Evan would bring in 50 members, 5% would be active, and then 90% of that 5% would leave when he runs off to another site.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1/5 is a fair ratio of people KingGeorge/Wrigley recruits that actually stick around & you know what, I'd take that right now. At the very least, he's great at spreading the word and finding new blood. Once these people register here, it's the communities' task to give reasons to keep them coming back. Good, bad, or indifferent, SI needs recruiting to happen right now & Evan Massey recruits. Moneyman recruits.

Start the NBA Sim and open up a few days worth of sign ups. It's a cheap way to attract some new members but it almost never fails. All 30 peeps who take a team won't remain active longer than a couple posts but hey, it's always worth a shot if it means 3 or 4 new, active members stick around.

And please, no more of this "get a homepage" idea. It's played out, it never works, nor does anyone care. Same thing about article teams and all that other shit. We need to find forums and advertise, simple as that. Affiliates...go get some new (and active) ones. When was the last time Staff checked our current affiliates to see if the sites are still active & still displays SI's link on their page? I don't mean to call anyone out but it's something that probably should be done.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm totally for a sim league. I'd prefer if we could do a page with everything uploaded on it rather than everybody needing to download the game in order to participate, if either of you guys know how to do that.

Also, I understand Evan can bring a good number of people in, but it's usually when nobody else bothers to put in the effort to recruit. If everybody puts in their fair share to try and bring in a few new people each week then that's a huge improvement already. And the hard truth is we simply have not been doing that the last 2 years or so.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
IM MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE FACT THAT WE NEED MORE COOL MOTHERFUCKERS HERE

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I want to see one of those giant posters with Pugz's face on it at a College Basketball game next weekend!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i would love to see that.

:cheese:

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Article team isn't a way to bring in more members but it's definitely an idea that should be discussed. It is an excellent way for people aspiring to write )in any capacity, really) to get some experience. Sure, it's not tons of noteriety, but it's definitely something you can use as experience or examples for other pursuits.

Sabbath

Reaction score
If y'all got a facebook page I would like that shit. Also, all for the sim league idea (obviously lol) and I would be down for an article team, hell I use to run it pretty poorly years ago, but like AE and others have said, no one has the time to consistently put out articles, but the option should always be there for people that want to do one once in awhile,

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If anyone wears sigs on another forum that was made here put something like "made at sportzin.com" on it.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
don't forums usually get all antsy when you do that unless you're affiliated.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, worst they will do it remove it and let you know.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well we should try to go around and find some more affiliates, keep the twitter handle going and try to get that going -- we started it but never really got it active. only had like 8 or 9 followers. Start with the Facebook pages again -- especially with the "share" thing on there, if we post some GFX from our site on sports pages around Facebook we might get some people who take a look at the site and join.

I think our Graphics section could be utilized more to attract new members, just have to do it properly.

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
Social networking will be the biggest thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%