2017 NFL Draft Thread

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
Okay just trying to get this out there since it should already be here.  Anyways I'm a huge Draft fanatic and with the season about to start soon it's time to start talking about potential prospects for our respective teams.

With that said who are some guys you like?  I'll get some of mine up later tonight or tomorrow

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
We talking FF right?

I'm liking David Johnson.

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
Shaggy said:
We talking FF right?

I'm liking David Johnson.
Nope, talking College players eligible or who might declare for the upcoming draft.

WR - Corey Davis (Western Michigan) Was really hoping he'd came out this previous year as he could have been a steal somewhere in the 4-6th rounds.  He did make the right choice in going back to school where I believe he'll go somewhere in the top 3 rounds but most likely in the first 2 rounds.

TE - OJ Howard (Alabama) IMO he can have a Gronk like impact.  I really believe his game will translate more to the NFL than the College game but I'm still expecting a huge breakout season from him.

C - Dan Voltz (Wisconsin)

These are the top 3 guys I want.  All of them had the chance to come out this year but didn't for whatever reason but I spent a good amount of time scouting/nit picking them.  I'm hoping they all continue to progress as I expect but if that does happen they could all easily go in round 1.

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
1 and 2 should be Watson and Kaaya unless something drastic happens. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be the first ones of the board.

Other guys that come to mind are Fournette, Myles Garrett, JuJu Smith, Jabrill Peppers, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, OJ Howard, Derek Barnett, Raekwon McMillian, Cam Robinson, Chad Kelley, J.T. Barrett, and Jalen Tabor. I'm probably missing a few obvious ones tbh lol.

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
videofreak8 said:
1 and 2 should be Watson and Kaaya unless something drastic happens. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be the first ones of the board.

Other guys that come to mind are Fournette, Myles Garrett, JuJu Smith, Jabrill Peppers, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, OJ Howard, Derek Barnett, Raekwon McMillian, Cam Robinson, Chad Kelley, J.T. Barrett, and Jalen Tabor. I'm probably missing a few obvious ones tbh lol.
James Connor is a intriguing prospect.  Started to watch some clips last year off a recommendation and he hasn't disappointed. This year will be key for him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
videofreak8 said:

JT Barrett at the moment is like a 4th round prospect at best, probably wishful thinking for him to go that high too. 

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
elcheato said:
JT Barrett at the moment is like a 4th round prospect at best, probably wishful thinking for him to go that high too. 
I wasn't saying he was a first round pick, haha. Just a standout college player that could in the class.

HitmanCapone

Reaction score
elcheato said:
It's possible with a good season and a real shitty QB class.  Not saying I see it just more or less pointing out how crappy the QB class is 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DeShone Kizer, if he comes out, has a chance to be QB1.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
DeShone Kizer, if he comes out, has a chance to be QB1.
Still true.

Dude can fucking sling it.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I like Kizer more at this point than Watson and Kaaya

CWizz0025

Reaction score
This will be the year the Browns can finally get a QB. sucks that they also need a line.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They need an everything lol

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
QB class this year is crazy. Watson, Kaaya, Kizer locks to be first rounders, probably all top 10. Trubinsky, Kelly should get first round looks too. Davis Webb and J.T. Barrett are day 2 guys.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man I'd feel bad for the team that takes Kaaya in the first round. He's got some major flaws.

videofreak8

Melted
Reaction score
I was high on him coming into the year but hasn't blown me away so far. I'd take Kizer, Watson, and Trubisky over him right now.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kaaya's stock is at an all time low. I'd be shocked if he's taken in the first three rounds.

Worst pocket awareness I've ever seen for a 3 year starter.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shocked probably wasn't the right word. QBs get drafted way too high every year.

He's not an NFL caliber starter, tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%