Rookie/Young QB Evaluations: Week 2

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Dak Prescott (Dallas)

The Good:
Way to avoid turnovers, young man! He does a great job of setting his feet before throwing the ball and simply does not make questionable throws. He used his mobility nicely, this week, which was an added bonus considering he scored a running touchdown. Dak did what most young QBs failed to do, and that was simply not losing the game.

The Bad:
I can't think of any instance in particular but you can't convince me that there aren't potential TD passes out there with Dez, Witten, Williams, and Beasley on the field. He also failed to get Terrance Williams involved at all, which is bad. Williams thrives on targets, and if he's rarely targeted, he's practically useless. 

Overall:
Dak is fine. He's not close to Romo as far as making tough throws is concerned, but he might be better at avoiding turnovers, which is a good thing. I don't think he's approached stealing the starting gig yet, but if he starts throwing TD passes, Tony is in trouble.

Carson Wentz (Philadelphia)

The Good:
Holy ball placement, Mr. Wentz. Very rarely do we see some of these throws, even from longtime elite QBs. Carson Wentz has put on a clinic in his first two starts as far as elite arm talent is concerned. The question is, can he keep it up? He's also avoided turnovers, which is key in a ball control offense. I still can't believe how comfortable he is making adjustments and calling audibles and protections at the LOS. This shit is unreal. He's not throwing for 400 and 4, but he's doing things from a maturity standpoint that we have not seen from a rookie QB in recent memory. 

The Bad:
SLIDE. GET OUT OF BOUNDS. Stop taking hits, Carson. Also, he nearly killed Nelson Agholor on a throw into triple coverage (with great placement, mind you) that Agholor still managed to catch while being annihilated. There were a couple of these throws from Wentz tonight. He needs to keep that in mind, moving forward. Your receivers can't make plays for you if you unnecessarily put them into concussion protocol.

Overall:
Carson Wentz is not throwing a boatload of TD passes, but he's got complete control of the offense and continues to make throws we just don't see from that many quarterbacks in the game of football at all. So far, he has been far better than I expected and I'm thrilled to be speaking so highly of such a high character individual from my home state.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wentz vs. Pittsburgh next week should be interesting.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I haven't gotten to see any of these guys yet. I know the one criticism of Dakota was he didn't go down field a lot. Mostly short passes. Was that the case again week 2?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
I haven't gotten to see any of these guys yet. I know the one criticism of Dakota was he didn't go down field a lot. Mostly short passes. Was that the case again week 2?
He hit Dez downfield a few times, but fails to untilize TWill at all. The current narrative is that he's playing well enough to unseat Romo, but that's not true. Currently he doesn't even come close to Romo.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well Terrence Williams fucked up Dallas' shot of winning Wk1 so I don't blame Dak not throwing to him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%