4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/StrictlyGameday/status/967034064975925248

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
the fact that people are surprised this happened is shocking. of course this is happening

BNC

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
the fact that people are surprised this happened is shocking. of course this is happening
Who’s surprised? I think most people would be surprised that it’s actually getting discovered 

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dickie V sounded personally offended on Twitter last night when he found out Sean Miller got caught on the wire.

BNC

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Illegal in the NCAA perspective. Criminally no
Just saw someone else mention this, it should be reported income and the athletes should pay taxes on the money they receive

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not income based on the current structure though

BNC

Reaction score
elcheato said:
It's not income based on the current structure though
If the schools paid them it would be income, everything that's been announced so far outside of Deandre Ayton has just been a loan

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
BNC said:
Its wondering the same thing, I think it has to do with agents bribing players, I dont think theres anything illegal about the school paying the kids though 
Because the FBI believes they not only violated NCAA rules but that they also broke the law.

Best explanation I've seen so far:
The feds are charging four former assistant coaches at Division I schools as agents of federally funded organizations. They can do that because all of their former schools do more than $10,000 a year in business with the federal government, whether through grants, loans, contracts, or other collaborations. These schools college basketball programs have just about nothing to do with the federal government, but the Justice Department is using a broader anti-corruption law to target those coaches.

CoachAF

Reaction score
elcheato said:
Why is the FBI even involved in this?

Maybe, just maybe, they should be spending more time investigating tips on people who have threatened to shoot up schools.....just sayin

BNC

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
Because the FBI believes they not only violated NCAA rules but that they also broke the law.

Best explanation I've seen so far:
I don’t think the FBI gives a damn if they’re breaking NCAA rules, it has more to do with bribery. I think those coaches were being charged because of the connection to the sneaker companies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%