College Football Coaching Carousel

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Bugsy said:
By the same logic Brady Hoke 'wasn't that bad' at Michigan.
Not really. Hoke is a good coach but a shit recruiter. Muschamp is a great coach and recruiter...on one side of the ball. South Carolina is the perfect spot for a guy like Muschamp.

Bugsy

Reaction score
It's the same logic for both. Yet when it comes to Hoke you contradict yourself. The fact you think Hoke was a shit recruiter and think muschamp was a great coach speaks volumes.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Bugsy said:
It's the same logic for both. Yet when it comes to Hoke you contradict yourself. The fact you think Hoke was a shit recruiter and think muschamp was a great coach speaks volumes.
Hoke's 2013 class was loaded with talent but the rest were out-done by Ohio State times two. In all fairness, its not easy taking a roster that was turned into a Rich Rod monster and converting back to conventional pro/spread scheme. And I said Muschamp is a good coach on one side of the ball.

Bugsy

Reaction score
You use the 2015 Gators team as proof for Muschamp. Yet you don't use Michigan's 2015 team as proof for Hoke. And a roster that was turned into a Rich Rod monster? What?

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Bugsy said:
You use the 2015 Gators team as proof for Muschamp. Yet you don't use Michigan's 2015 team as proof for Hoke. And a roster that was turned into a Rich Rod monster? What?
Hoke was a lame duck, a holdover at Michigan. Muschamp was the big name, up-and-comer everyone wanted at the time. Please stop with this douche attempt to mix and match the two.

Bugsy

Reaction score
Flint said:
Hoke was a lame duck, a holdover at Michigan. Muschamp was the big name, up-and-comer everyone wanted at the time. Please stop with this douche attempt to mix and match the two.
It is your own line of logic and reasoning I'm using. If the proof is in the 2015 Gators team, then the proof must also be in the 2015 Michigan team. I'm not the one who pointed to the 2015 Gators team - you did.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Bugsy said:
It is your own line of logic and reasoning I'm using. If the proof is in the 2015 Gators team, then the proof must also be in the 2015 Michigan team. I'm not the one who pointed to the 2015 Gators team - you did.
Meh, I did give Hoke credit for his 2013 class which makes up a lot of this year's key Wolverines. It does help to have Jake Rudock.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Bowling Green hired Texas Tech RB coach Mike Jinks to be their new head coach. The move came out of nowhere and even surprised the staff at Bowling Green who didn't have a press release available until much later. This will be interesting to watch because Bowling Green has proven to be a solid stepping stone program sending it's last 2 head coaches to the ACC.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Bowling Green hired Texas Tech RB coach Mike Jinks to be their new head coach. The move came out of nowhere and even surprised the staff at Bowling Green who didn't have a press release available until much later. This will be interesting to watch because Bowling Green has proven to be a solid stepping stone program sending it's last 2 head coaches to the ACC.
Lol, I didnt know the Red Raiders had a RB coach. Mustve been an easy gig in an Air Raid offense.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
Lol, I didnt know the Red Raiders had a RB coach. Mustve been an easy gig in an Air Raid offense.
Their RB, DeAndre Washington, led the Big 12 in rushing this year with almost 1500 yards

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Tulane hired Georgia Southern HC Willie Fritz to be their new HC

ECU hired Duke OC Scottie Montgomery to be their new HC

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Tulane hired Georgia Southern HC Willie Fritz to be their new HC

ECU hired Duke OC Scottie Montgomery to be their new HC
Montgomery is a good hire. There were rumors of Brady Hoke or Chizik but Scottie is a NC native who knows how to recruit in the area. ECU is in the same boat as UCF. They need to keep some of the better, local athletes from heading to similar-sized schools in other conferences. ECU should be a heavy contender for the AAC title year in and out.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Ken Niumatololo has turned down the BYU job offer and will remain at the US Naval Academy.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Georgia Southern hires Colorado State DC Tyson Summers as head coach

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Looks like the carousel isn't coming to a stop just yet. Ball State HC Pete Lembo just took a job as an assistant coach with the Maryland Terrapins

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Texas A&M HC Dennis Francione will retire.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Looks like the carousel isn't coming to a stop just yet. Ball State HC Pete Lembo just took a job as an assistant coach with the Maryland Terrapins
Lembo was pretty frustrated with the lack of resources he's being given to work with at BSU and rightfully so. He led the team to a 10-3 record in 2013 and instead of taking a step forward, the Cardinals have only won 8 games since. I think Lembo is smart to save face, join Durkin's loaded staff at Maryland now, and vie for a better HC gig in the next year or two. Lembo is only 45 years old.

BRAAP! said:
Texas A&M HC Dennis Francione will retire.
The former. Most recently of Texas State.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Flint said:
Lembo was pretty frustrated with the lack of resources he's being given to work with at BSU and rightfully so. He led the team to a 10-3 record in 2013 and instead of taking a step forward, the Cardinals have only won 8 games since. I think Lembo is smart to save face, join Durkin's loaded staff at Maryland now, and vie for a better HC gig in the next year or two. Lembo is only 45 years old.

The former. Most recently of Texas State.
Yeah I just realized the typo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%