College Football Coaching Carousel

BRAAP!

Reaction score
The AAC has replaced the MAC as the stepping stone conference. You're going to see a lot of hot shot assistants taking jobs in that conference and hope to parlay them into Power 5 gigs

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Reports Dan Mullen, Butch Davis, and Greg Schiano have or will interview for the Miami job.

If Mullen is interested in leaving Miss State, then I don't know what the problem is. Butch has been out of the game for too long and while Schiano is a great candidate, he's not the right fit for the U.

Stray32

Reaction score
Barry Odom (Mizzou DC formerly of Memphis) will get a head coaching job this offseason, just remains to be seen if it's Mizzou or Memphis

I think Mizzou has a target above him on the board but I really hope they don't screw it up and end up with neither

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Getting excited reading about Al Golden as a potential candidate for the Rutgers job. Golden is a Monmouth County native with a history of rebuilding programs. His body of work at Temple shows a nice recruiting footprint in the Northeast.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Barry Odom (Mizzou DC formerly of Memphis) will get a head coaching job this offseason, just remains to be seen if it's Mizzou or Memphis

I think Mizzou has a target above him on the board but I really hope they don't screw it up and end up with neither
I expect him to have the Memphis job by next week

Stray32

Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
I expect him to have the Memphis job by next week
I think if the Mizzou job gets offered to him he takes that over Memphis 1000%

AiRuPtHeRe

Must Be Nice
Reaction score
Georgia expected to add Kirby Smart as their head coach.

About time Smart got his own gig. He'll have high expectations off the bat.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Looks like Virginia has hired BYU HC Bronco Mendenhall to be their new HC. Interesting to see how he does without the safety of BYU.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Barry Odom is the new head coach at Mizzou. Now waiting for the Gamecocks to make their selection. Muschamp? Either way, he's one and done at Auburn.

Another interesting CFB hire....John L. Smith has been hired at DII Kentucky State. Yes, that John L. Smith.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Rumor has it that Barry Odom was the only choice they could go with because a lot of coaches were scared off by the current unrest and turmoil on campus.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
North Texas hired UNC OC Seth Littrell to be their new HC

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Rutgers will supposedly hire Ohio State DC Chris Ash to be their HC

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Looks like South Carolina is going to hire Auburn DC Will Muschamp. He's probably the biggest name out there on the market still but I don't like the hire. Not a fan of these coaching retread hires. The guy was just fired by one of your fiercest rivals a year ago and you just admitted that they are better than you by taking their rejects.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Looks like South Carolina is going to hire Auburn DC Will Muschamp. He's probably the biggest name out there on the market still but I don't like the hire. Not a fan of these coaching retread hires. The guy was just fired by one of your fiercest rivals a year ago and you just admitted that they are better than you by taking their rejects.
Muschamp wasn't that bad in Florida; the proof is in the 2015 Gators' season. Jim McElwain made it to the SEC title game with Muschamp's recruits. Muschamp is no different than any other defensive-minded head coach in that he failed to find offensive stability. Muschamp is really a great coach and typically boasts a top defensive unit. He's expected to bring Travaris Robinson and Bobby Bentley with him from Auburn. Robinson will run the defense while Bentley serves a similar role in offensive quality. Rumor also has it Kurt Roper is being brought in to serve as OC, the same guy who ran the offense with Muschamp during his final year at Florida. I like Roper's scheme and actually saw better results after they wisely dumped Jeff Driskell in the 2nd half of that season.

Bugsy

Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
Pheww. This was very premature.

Apparently Mark Richt has been contacted by the Terps. He has a very close relationship with Maryland Athletics CFO Damon Evans
No it wasn't.

Bugsy

Reaction score
Flint said:
Muschamp wasn't that bad in Florida; the proof is in the 2015 Gators' season. Jim McElwain made it to the SEC title game with Muschamp's recruits. Muschamp is no different than any other defensive-minded head coach in that he failed to find offensive stability. Muschamp is really a great coach and typically boasts a top defensive unit. He's expected to bring Travaris Robinson and Bobby Bentley with him from Auburn. Robinson will run the defense while Bentley serves a similar role in offensive quality. Rumor also has it Kurt Roper is being brought in to serve as OC, the same guy who ran the offense with Muschamp during his final year at Florida. I like Roper's scheme and actually saw better results after they wisely dumped Jeff Driskell in the 2nd half of that season.
By the same logic Brady Hoke 'wasn't that bad' at Michigan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%