Lowry Believes He Can't Coexist With McHale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyle Lowry believes he and Kevin McHale can no longer coexist.

Lowry underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia and torn abductor muscles three weeks ago and briefly returned to the Toyota Center on Friday.

“I don’t think so,” Lowry said about whether he and McHale can continue. “I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

“If things aren’t addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved.”

McHale believed he worked well with Lowry.

“That’s very surprising,” McHale said. “I didn’t think we had too much of a problem coexisting this year. Everybody has a little beef every once in a while. I didn’t feel like (there were problems). He apparently did.

“There were times that we didn’t agree on things. There were times that I got on him. I don’t think it was unduly harsh on anybody.”

Daryl Morey believes the relationship can be salvaged.

“I think Kyle and coach McHale are both winners and both competitive guys,” Morey said. “I don’t anticipate any issues going forward.”

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I'm not sure who I want between Lowry and Dragic, but my gut tells me Lowry. Please make it work, Lowry and McHale. Please.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im all over Pau for Martin/Lowry
Rockets obviously would re-sign Dragic

I would love Patrick Patterson too, but I dont think Houston is trading him

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Lowry for Pau straight up is a huge loss for the Rockets. They can do better for him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they could but which teams would make a better offer?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I don't know, so many teams are set in their back-court, the depth at guard is ridiculous right now.

Maybe Atlanta trades J-Smoove for him? Jeff Teague did have a solid season but I don't think he's the answer going forward. The Blazers would have interest, not sure who they'd offer though. The Jazz could have interest, they have some front-court log jams to clear up and Lowry is a clear upgrade over Devin Harris.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heard it here first: Kyle Lowry is going to regress back to a 12/6 guy shooting poor percentages in no time. Soooo overrated.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know, so many teams are set in their back-court, the depth at guard is ridiculous right now.

Maybe Atlanta trades J-Smoove for him? Jeff Teague did have a solid season but I don't think he's the answer going forward. The Blazers would have interest, not sure who they'd offer though. The Jazz could have interest, they have some front-court log jams to clear up and Lowry is a clear upgrade over Devin Harris.
exactly, the league is pretty guard heavy now. so them making a trade for pau isnt out of the question.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Heard it here first: Kyle Lowry is going to regress back to a 12/6 guy shooting poor percentages in no time. Soooo overrated.
Not gonna happen. He's one of the hardest workers the Rockets have ever seen and he's a tenacious defender to go along with it. He's an excellent floor general who's smart with the ball and very good at setting his teammates up, a great rebounding PG, and was consistently flirting with triple doubles when he was healthy last season. The guy is an excellent up and coming PG and I have no idea why you think he's overrated. I doubt you watch Rockets games, anyway.

I'm thinking they keep Dragic because of how great he looked at the end of last season, but I think it might end up being a mistake. They play well on the court at the same time so I'd love to see both stick around and they honestly could start together kind of like Rubio/Ridnour in Minnesota did this year.

On a side note, Kevin McHale has some major coaching shortcomings such as poor in-game adjustments, horrible improv plays at the ends of games, and he's god awful at rotation. Patrick Patterson went ice cold for like 20 games last year and McHale wouldn't put Marcus Morris in the game instead. It was atrocious. Going from an all time great in Adelman to this piss poor excuse for a coach gives me reason to believe that Lowry doesn't like him.

I don't want Pau for Lowry. No way in hell.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lowry's hot start morphed him into something he's not in the public eyes, he was actually better last year or at least the same player.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Wait is BC in here saying that if the Rockets get PAU GASOL for Kyle Lowry straight up, the Rockets LOSE that trade?

:sas:

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, he basically did that this year. Just 2 points higher lol.

To be completely honest though, I think Dragic is a better player than Lowry.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Lowry and Dragic are so similar statistically it's crazy. To make it even more hard, they're the exact same age. It's a toss-up really but I just like Dragic.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was on the Dragic train back in Phoenix, he's the truth.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Goran shoots much more efficiently than Kyle, plus he learned from Nash a few years. Have to figure he picked something up. And I've always liked him lol.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Wait is BC in here saying that if the Rockets get PAU GASOL for Kyle Lowry straight up, the Rockets LOSE that trade?

:sas:
I'd rather have the 27 year old do-it-all PG on a relatively cheap contract than the 32 year old no defense playing, soft PF making a shit ton of money.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was on the Dragic train back in Phoenix, he's the truth.
same. always knew with good playing time hed be a solid player. its hard for me to pick between he and lowry.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
1) Pau Gasol is one of the top 5 big men in the league while Kyle Lowry doesn't even come close to being a top-tier PG
2) Pau Gasol is a good defender
3) Pau Gasol's contract only lasts 2 more seasons

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1) Pau Gasol is one of the top 5 big men in the league while Kyle Lowry doesn't even come close to being a top-tier PG
2) Pau Gasol is a good defender
3) Pau Gasol's contract only lasts 2 more seasons
Pau isn't a good defender. I'd say decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%