Tony Moeaki vs Rob Gronkowski

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Tony Moeaki

VS

Rob Gronkowski

Pretty close statwise except Gronk had 10 TDs and Moeaki had 3.

Who'd you rather have?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Moeaki for me.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
we all obviously know my answer

But you do have to look into both teams.

For Moeaki-

He was the number 2 reciever on a run-heavy team. The Chiefs had one of the lowest amounts of passing TDs in the redzone last year, because they were always running the football.

For Gronkowski-

In NE's passing scheme, he wasn't necessarily a typical TE. He had a ton of short pass throws on cover DE's and LBs. With his strength, size, and speed, he got the catches. He also had a spread field, when running this typical formation: 2-2-1. Welker and Hernandez left, Branch and Gronk right, Woodhead in the backfield. These guys would run such intricate routes, that if one defender messes up, someone is very wide open. With his size, Gronkowski was usually that guy that got open.

One thing to be certain, however. If Gronkowski and Moeaki were switched teams, I feel Gronk would be more successful.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
we all obviously know my answer

But you do have to look into both teams.

For Moeaki-

He was the number 2 reciever on a run-heavy team. The Chiefs had one of the lowest amounts of passing TDs in the redzone last year, because they were always running the football.

For Gronkowski-

In NE's passing scheme, he wasn't necessarily a typical TE. He had a ton of short pass throws on cover DE's and LBs. With his strength, size, and speed, he got the catches. He also had a spread field, when running this typical formation: 2-2-1. Welker and Hernandez left, Branch and Gronk right, Woodhead in the backfield. These guys would run such intricate routes, that if one defender messes up, someone is very wide open. With his size, Gronkowski was usually that guy that got open.

One thing to be certain, however. If Gronkowski and Moeaki were switched teams, I feel Gronk would be more successful.
No way would Gronk be more successful in Kansas City.

Moeaki may have been the #2 receiver, but thats not a knock on him.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Moeaki because I like his belly button

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No way would Gronk be more successful in Kansas City.

Moeaki may have been the #2 receiver, but thats not a knock on him.
Agreed.. Not to mention Gronkowski had Tom Brady throwing to him. Gronkowski was the main red zone target, accounting for the touchdowns. Bowe got all the looks for KC in the red zone, and you will be hard pressed to score TDs as a TE unless you're getting looks inside the 20.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Agreed.. Not to mention Gronkowski had Tom Brady throwing to him. Gronkowski was the main red zone target, accounting for the touchdowns. Bowe got all the looks for KC in the red zone, and you will be hard pressed to score TDs as a TE unless you're getting looks inside the 20.
Exactly

Which is why TDs for TEs are overrated.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yall already know who I'm riding with and Im not even gonna hide my bias. I heart Moeaki..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didnt even like the pick of Tony at first but once I saw his film..it was love at first youtube watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%