Keenan has interest in Devils' coaching job

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Could Iron Mike Keenan be ready for a return engagement to the New York area?

According to the New York Post, Keenan is reportedly interested in the New Jersey Devils' head coaching position that became available after Jacques Lemaire announced his retirement this past Monday.

"I'm interested in coaching, not just any possible job, but with somebody like Lou [Lamoriello], who has a lot of experience and continues to formulate strong teams, probably the best in the game, well . . ." Keenan told the Post.

The 60-year old has a vast amount of NHL coaching experience including leading the New York Rangers to the Stanley Cup in 1994. He has also coached the Flyers, Blackhawks, Blues, Canucks, Bruins, Panthers and Flames. He also served as general manager of both the Blues and Panthers as well. His 672 career victories rank him fourth on the all-time NHL coaching list.

Former Dallas Stars, Philadelphia Flyers and Columbus Blue Jackets head coach Ken Hitchcock and former Devils' assistant coach and current Lowell Devils' head coach John MacLean are also reportedly in the running for the job.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=320148

I doubt he'll get the job. Never liked him as a coach tbh. Maybe a change of style might help the Devils but I don't think Keenan is the right guy to hire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%