So let's talk about Roman's "reign".....

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
What is your opinion on Roman giving up the belt tonight? While it may not have been 100% clean, Seth beat him with no interference. Do you think WWE finally caved in and pulled the plug after all the bad reactions? Do you think this is just another way to try to get him over? Interested to hear everyone's opinion

Senators26

Reaction score
Reigns is still the guy. I think they just realized they need to pump the brakes on him a little back.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WWE is protecting him tooooooo much. Barely wrestled on Raw as champ and if he did it was was in tag matches. I believe he would be more comfortable if they would let him be himself.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He needs to be a true heel for a while if he's ever gonna get good reactions as a babyface. The brand split could help him too and take some pressure off, since he won't have to the focal point of the whole company and he should have a chance to develop an actual character that's his own.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A smug bad ass who can play up to the crowd, I get that vibe from him. Although in person, he's laid back and chill.

Senators26

Reaction score
He needs to redo his look. The security guard look is old and he still looks like he's part of the Shield. New music would be good too.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Big Bid said:
A smug bad ass who can play up to the crowd, I get that vibe from him. Although in person, he's laid back and chill.
but will WWE do it? Did tonight make you believe there's a change in the game plan? I think we all expected Roman to have a LONG title reign.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:
WWE is protecting him tooooooo much. Barely wrestled on Raw as champ and if he did it was was in tag matches. I believe he would be more comfortable if they would let him be himself.
I disagree with this. I think they script him so much and protect him so much, because when he goes off script he's terrible. He gets rattled so easily by hostile crowds, he needs his script.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Senators26 said:
Reigns is still the guy. I think they just realized they need to pump the brakes on him a little back.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they can make me a real heel with ambrose as champion. Reigns can come out and tell ambrose he wouldnt have been able to cash in if he was still champ.

i dont think hes any less of the guy vince wanted. this was just just the time to switch it up for the fans.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
I feel like Dean Ambrose needs to do something more than be a baby face. Don't get me wrong, he is getting some great reactions, but he has gotten a little stale. With all that...I'm glad he is finally champion. They've done actually a great job with his build up just the in between feuds have been pretty meh.

So WWE let's see how you continue Dean Ambrose as the baby face champion.

Still think Seth Rollins should turn face, but a tweener role will suffice. He is one talented dude, and can get the crowd to be fully behind him or boo him out of the building. He's that talented.

Now onto the subject of this thread even though I've gone well off subject. Roman's "reign" was very good. His feud with Triple H ended the Authority which I think everyone was okay with. He went on to have an awesome feud with AJ Styles. Then had a pretty solid 5 week span with the return of Seth Rollins.

It seems Roman is finding himself in the ring, his exaggerated facial expressions are leaving, and mic skills are improving.

The Shield is making WWE great again.

Roman Reigns: 3x WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Royal Rumble winner, most eliminations in a Rumble, 1x tag team champion.

Seth Rollins: 2x WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Money in the Bank holder, 1x tag team champion

Dean Ambrose: 1x WWE World Heavyweight Champion, 1x United States Champion, 1(2?)x IC Champion, Money in the Bank holder.

Those three are going to be the big money players for years to come. Then add in Kevin Owens, Bray Wyatt, Big Cass, Finn Balor, even the older guys like Styles and Nakamura...this could be a great main event scene.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His reign was very good, despite the, yanno, complete rejection from the fans. 

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
elcheato said:
His reign was very good, despite the, yanno, complete rejection from the fans. 
Not a complete rejection, just a majority. Which I still think is dumb because he was doing much better after Mania, but oh well fans will always be fans.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i should say i approved of his title reign. i think he needs to go a bit more heel and he can against ambrose. i was pleased with how he was against aj and continued it against seth.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Big Papi said:
I feel like Dean Ambrose needs to do something more than be a baby face. Don't get me wrong, he is getting some great reactions, but he has gotten a little stale. With all that...I'm glad he is finally champion. They've done actually a great job with his build up just the in between feuds have been pretty meh.

So WWE let's see how you continue Dean Ambrose as the baby face champion.

Still think Seth Rollins should turn face, but a tweener role will suffice. He is one talented dude, and can get the crowd to be fully behind him or boo him out of the building. He's that talented.

Now onto the subject of this thread even though I've gone well off subject. Roman's "reign" was very good. His feud with Triple H ended the Authority which I think everyone was okay with. He went on to have an awesome feud with AJ Styles. Then had a pretty solid 5 week span with the return of Seth Rollins.

It seems Roman is finding himself in the ring, his exaggerated facial expressions are leaving, and mic skills are improving.

The Shield is making WWE great again.

Roman Reigns: 3x WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Royal Rumble winner, most eliminations in a Rumble, 1x tag team champion.

Seth Rollins: 2x WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Money in the Bank holder, 1x tag team champion

Dean Ambrose: 1x WWE World Heavyweight Champion, 1x United States Champion, 1(2?)x IC Champion, Money in the Bank holder.

Those three are going to be the big money players for years to come. Then add in Kevin Owens, Bray Wyatt, Big Cass, Finn Balor, even the older guys like Styles and Nakamura...this could be a great main event scene.
I get that you're a supporter, but how can you say his reign was very good? Because AJ carried him in a couple matches? He made no strides in getting the crowd behind him, ratings at an all time low, etc. What did this reign accomplish?

By all accounts, it seems as though wwe panicked and pulled the plug

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont think they panicked. i dont think he was due for a long run yet. hes going to have multiple reigns as champion, some will be long, some will be short. they have a deep talent pool, they have to spread the wealth.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
18 time WWE WHC Rooooooomannnnnnnnnnnn RRRREEEEEIIINNNGGSSSSSSSSS

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I get that you're a supporter, but how can you say his reign was very good? Because AJ carried him in a couple matches? He made no strides in getting the crowd behind him, ratings at an all time low, etc. What did this reign accomplish?

By all accounts, it seems as though wwe panicked and pulled the plug
First off, It takes two to tango. AJ is a, pardon for the pun, phenomenal worker, but Roman looked great in the matches as well because AJ is someone who he works well with. He made strides as a worker, mic skills got a little better, better as a heel than a face...everyone knows that. Ratings really don't matter right now, they were low with Rollins.

They definitely didn't pull the plug, they just wanted to do this triple threat before the brand split.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Big Papi said:
First off, It takes two to tango. AJ is a, pardon for the pun, phenomenal worker, but Roman looked great in the matches as well because AJ is someone who he works well with. He made strides as a worker, mic skills got a little better, better as a heel than a face...everyone knows that. Ratings really don't matter right now, they were low with Rollins.

They definitely didn't pull the plug, they just wanted to do this triple threat before the brand split.
So you're completely fine that the crowd is even more against him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%