Brandon Marshall: Matt Forte NFL's best all-around RB

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score

Four-time All Pro Adrian Peterson is commonly viewed as the NFL's premier power back, but is he the most complete running back in the league?

New York Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall believes that honor belongs to new teammate Matt Forte.

"This is a guy that, to me, over the past eight years has been the best all-around back our league has had," Marshall told NJ Advance Media. "I think it's going to be a treat for all of New York to just sit back and watch him really work.

"He does it all. He picks up blitzes, he puts his nose in there, he catches the ball out of the backfield. He has amazing vision. He's a leader. He's the type of guy you want in your locker room."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000662475/article/brandon-marshall-matt-forte-nfls-best-allaround-rb

Who's the best "all-around" RB in the NFL?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The best all around backs when healthy are Charles and Bell, but neither was healthy last year.

I think DeMarco Murray has a case, too, but Chip Kelly can ruin any player of any talent level.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
The best all around backs when healthy are Charles and Bell, but neither was healthy last year.

I think DeMarco Murray has a case, too, but Chip Kelly can ruin any player of any talent level.

I don't really see DeMarco as anything more than a pure runner. I think this was pretty evident in the way that Chip used him (or rather didn't, in favor of Mathews). Le'Veon and Charles are the two best all around backs in the league though, and then it drops off into a secondary tier in my opinion. Forte had a very strong case 3-4 years ago, but he's pretty old now.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
DeMarco is very good catching the ball out of the backfield. He's more multifaceted than a lot of backs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%