A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Posted by @TheNotoriousMMA:
I have decided to retire young.
Thanks for the cheese.
Catch ya's later.
Serious or negotiating ploy? His coach seemed to echo the sudden news in a tweet of his own:

@John_Kavanagh
Well was fun while it lasted
I anxiously await Dana White's response.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Pretty shocking but I can't blame him

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This reeks of a dispute between McGregor's camp and Dana White. I'm hearing Dana was pissed Conor didn't show up for fight promotion in Vegas. I would guess Dana threatened to pull him off the UFC 200 card to which Conor threatened to walk out of the octagon altogether. Knowing Dana like we know him, he would have responded with something along the lines of: "we'll be fine without you".

McGregor is entertaining as all hell but he's at the point where he thinks he's bigger than the sport and that I have a problem with. I thought he would be more humble in defeat and instead we get more of his talking shit. I'm not fan of the Diaz brothers but I have always respected the fact they would never, ever turn down a fight. They might show up stoned, but they'll be there. lol

McGregor is cashing in because of the TV money and endorsements have skyrocketed since the days of the Iceman and Captain America. McGregor needs to check is ego a little bit and be more of the scrappy fighter with something to prove. 8 fights isn't shit. An even better Jon Jones is about to get back into the octagon and re-emerge as the UFC's headliner. GSP walking away was a shock and it left a void, for a little while. Point is, Dana White is correct if he did tell Conor that the UFC doesn't need him.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
I honestly an completely 100% okay with this. As you said he is thinking he is bigger than the sport and that turns me off on him. He is enticing excellent and exciting fighter, but the UFC will be fine without him.

Best of luck in your future endeavors Conor.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%