Is there NOW a case for Case?

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
I didn't want to believe it, but after the past 4 games, I'm starting to think Case Keenum might actually be a good quarterback in this offensive system. With these weapons around him. With this offensive line in front of him. I don't think he's successful at all in a shittier environment, but then again, there's like 5 quarterbacks in this league who are good no matter the circumstances, and even in lesser circumstances, they are lesser players, if only marginally. 

Anyway, my point is, I am not certain that the Vikings have a better option unless Bradford can return at 100% come playoff time, and that just isn't feasible. And it's not like Bradford can move around in the pocket like Keenum can, anyway. He gets rid of the ball quicker, but he won't escape so many sack opportunities for the defense.

Case Keenum has been better than Teddy ever was so far. His arm is better. His mobility, at this point, is probably better. He makes better use of his weapons than Teddy ever did. I'd like for Teddy to be our starting quarterback at some point to see if he can become a franchise signal-caller, but at this point in time I'm happy to roll with Case if he continues to play at this level. It's not that crazy to think he could, either. If he's good to lead at least 3 TD drives a game, this Vikings defense can do the rest, especially if they can get their FG kicking game straightened out after a pair of rough weeks that don't completely fall on the shoulders of Forbath.

What do the rest of you think?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Case is good enough that he’s my next Vikings jersey. I’m that confident he’s signed to a long term deal this offseason. The Vikings will get him at a reasonable cost too. Case has to know he’s got the perfect fit in Minnesota. The Vikings know Case is tired of not knowing where he’s goinf to play year to year. I have some knocks in Rick spielman but he’s been outstanding st the negotiating table.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Case has an extension done by end of season.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Rick Speilman has been outstanding everywhere as a GM. The Ponder pick is arguably the only disaster pick in his tenure, though I'd consider Willie Beavers pretty bad, too. Other than that, his draft picks have only ever failed due to unforseen circumstances. You can't predict Shariff Floyd's injury. You can't predict that Adam Thielen will make it nearly impossible for Laquon Treadwell to get significant snaps.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Rick Speilman has been outstanding everywhere as a GM. The Ponder pick is arguably the only disaster pick in his tenure, though I'd consider Willie Beavers pretty bad, too. Other than that, his draft picks have only ever failed due to unforseen circumstances. You can't predict Shariff Floyd's injury. You can't predict that Adam Thielen will make it nearly impossible for Laquon Treadwell to get significant snaps.
They haven’t drafted well at all since Spielman was given full control over personnel not long after Childress was fired. There’s some guys he’s hit on, (i.e. Xavier, Elflein), but way more they’ve missed on. It’s funny you bring up Floyd bc his prolonged injury situation put him in zimmer’s doghouse. A place he’ll never get out of. I really think Floyd got out of shape during his injury and he’s been nursing it ever since.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
AE. said:
They haven’t drafted well at all since Spielman was given full control over personnel not long after Childress was fired. There’s some guys he’s hit on, (i.e. Xavier, Elflein), but way more they’ve missed on. It’s funny you bring up Floyd bc his prolonged injury situation put him in zimmer’s doghouse. A place he’ll never get out of. I really think Floyd got out of shape during his injury and he’s been nursing it ever since.

Xavier, Elflein, Smith, Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, Stephen, I'd even throw Waynes in there at this point because he's playing quite well, Rudolph, Diggs, Bridgewater (you ca't foresee that knee injury), McKinnon, signing Thielen, signing Joseph, signing Reiff, signing Remmers, signing Murray, trading for Bradford (a mistake now given this fluke injury, but necessary at that time), signing Keenum.

Along with a competent coaching staff, Spielman has built this team. The Vikings were a shit show prior to the Zimmer/Spielman combination, and I think a huge part of that was horrible coaches like Leslie Frazier.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
So you'd turn to Teddy even though he has a lesser arm and god knows how long it'll take to knock the rust off?

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not gonna believe Case Keenum can win playoff games until he actually does it. His track record is too bad.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He deserves to finish out the season, but next preseason is a battle.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Without a really bad loss that is clearly Case’s fault, not even a healthy Sam Bradford knocks Case out of the starting job. You don’t disrupt team chimstry as a top 5 team in the league.

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
Keenum is good for this team, if it was any other team I probably would say that but everything is just right for Keenum to succeed in Minnesota. I say Keenum is the starter until Bridgewater is 100%

Jimmer

Hypebeast
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
So you'd turn to Teddy even though he has a lesser arm and god knows how long it'll take to knock the rust off?
You would obviously go to back to ur franchise QB lmao. Bridgewater is the best Vikings Qb lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Savage said:
Keenum is good for this team, if it was any other team I probably would say that but everything is just right for Keenum to succeed in Minnesota. I say Keenum is the starter until Bridgewater is 100%

Savage said:
You would obviously go to back to ur franchise QB lmao. Bridgewater is the best Vikings Qb lol
Teddy is 100% or else he wouldn’t have come off the PUP

You’re also out of your mind to pull the guy who has you at 9-2, for a guy who almost lost his leg in a non-contact practice injury. Teddy was drafted to be the starter but it’s not like he was a top 5 pick. Teddy was very reserved as a starter and I remember the knock of him was his reluctance to throw deep balls.

Teddy’s career as a starter consisted of hand-off to AP and short passes to Rudolph. We don’t know that Teddy can take over Pat Shurmur’s offense and play it better than Case is. It’s also unfair to knock Case because he wasn’t great playing for the shit-show Texans and Jeff Fisher Rams. You think Teddy would’ve done any better playing for either of those teams?

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Savage said:
He's the best QB based on what? 14 TDs in 16 games in 2015-16, 0 TDs in the playoff game? Case Keenum is currently playing better than Teddy ever has

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
theyre both game managers

bosoxlover12 said:
theyre both game managers

Nah, Case plays a little too risky to be a game manager. He's also not afraid to throw the ball beyond 8 yards.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Listen, I want Teddy to play at some point and show that he's got the guts to sling it downfield. You can't be a game manager with this Vikings offense. There's too much talent. Being strictly a game manager means that that talent isn't being used to its full capacity. Case may not be what Bradford would have been had he stayed healthy, but he's more than Teddy Bridgewater was. Unless Teddy's going to step in and throw as many intermediate to deep passes, as many or more touchdowns, scramble and avoid pressure when the OL does falter from time to time, and take even better care of the football, there's no reason to replace Case. I wanted him out as recently as the Cleveland game, but at this point he's proven enough, and what we have seen of Teddy Bridgewater so far dictates that he's not decidedly better than Case Keenum is right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%