bosoxlover12 | mock 3

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
that was when, february? when I even admitted I wasn't watching much college basketball at the time? its been like 3-4 months since then

and i specifically even remember saying he wasn't like jimmer, but that his scoring ability would struggle in the nba compared to college, which was the case for fredette as well.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If you weren't watching much college basketball then why even make that comparison?

You compared Jamal Murray to Jimmer last year too. Just stop it. It'd be just as outlandish if I started comparing QB prospects who I didn't like to Ryan Leaf.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
And again -- I was referencing Jimmer, not comparing him. Jimmer was a collegiate scorer who's offense didn't translate in the NBA and therefore didnt have a place in the league outside of being a low bench piece at best. If Murray can't score efficiently in the league, he has no other redeeming quality to make him last. That is what I was referencing. He's a less-explosive Eric Gordon, and not someone I'd take that early

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Comparing players with career assist rates in the teens to the best passing prospect in recent memory just shows that at the time you had absolutely no idea how Lonzo played, and the fact that you aren't backing down from it is a little embarrassing.

Lonzo wasn't a "collegiate scorer". He averaged 14.6 points per game. And yet he was the most valuable offensive player in the country. I wonder how....

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not backing down? I've conceded several times now that Ball is a lot more dominant of a floor general than I had him for back in February. He's still a question mark on the defensive end, and I will stay consistent that I don't love his scoring ability for the NBA.

Like, who really is his comparison? As a passer he's elite like Kidd but he's miles away defensively from JKidd. Maybe he's Steve Nash if he can work out his scoring but I just see him struggling against good defenders who force him right.

I've said many times my evaluation back in February wasn't the best at all. But that doesn't mean I have to jump on to everyone's hype and ignore my own perspective on the kid... I don't think Lonzo Ball should go 2nd overall, period.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Maybe he's Steve Nash" is still pretty damn good for a 2nd pick

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
buzzy said:
"Maybe he's Steve Nash" is still pretty damn good for a 2nd pick
if he hits steve nash then hes clearly worth the 2nd pick (if not 1st)

but i dont think he hits nash level, or anywhere close to it. he's just the only successful point guard i can think of right now that was a great passer but had defensive limitations

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
like hes an equal in passing to rubio, rondo -- but those two were great defenders

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And he's a much better scorer than both of them

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
you literally just told me that he "wasn't a collegiate scorer" and that he averaged under 15ppg, but now he's enough of a scorer to offset his defensive liabilities to make him a top valued prospect?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's more of a scorer than two guys who both average under 11 points per game for their careers, yeah.

And I don't think he's as much of a liability on defense as you claim. The tools are there.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Updated for possibly my last mock

and note: i actually have Zach collins 10 not markannen but my PS died on me so i couldn't make a new image

Paulius

Reaction score
Yea tatum to celtics no doubt now

Good list bosox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%