Strikeforce: Miami

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

MAIN CARD

. : : WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP : : .
Nick Diaz © vs. Marius Zaromskis

. : : WOMEN'S LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP : : .
Cristiane Santos © vs. Marloes Coenen

. : : MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT: : .
Melvin Manhoef vs. Robbie Lawler

. : : HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT: : .
Herschel Walker vs. Greg Nagy

. : : HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT: : .
Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims

PRELIMS

. : : WELTERWEIGHT BOUT: : .
Jay Hieron vs. Joe Riggs

. : : FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT: : .
Pablo Alfonso vs. Marcos da Matta

David Zitnik vs. Michael Byrnes

Sabah Homasi vs. John Kelly

. : : LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT: : .
Craig Oxley vs. David Gomez

Ryan Keenan vs. Hayder Hassan​

CARD NOTES:
- Previously scheduled both between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario has been scrapped. Yohan Banks applied to fill in for Del Rosario in the bout, however the commission denied the request. Jimmy Ambriz was being targeted as Lashely's latest opponent, however the bout is not signed and Strikeforce is exploring all options for Lashley.

NEXT UP:
- Strikeforce on CBS, 4/17/10 : Fedor vs. Wedum, Henderson vs. Shields, Mousasi & Radach also in action

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims official for "Strikeforce: Miami," Jan. 30 card finalized

The fight card for Saturday's "Strikeforce: Miami" fight card is officially complete; the promotion over the weekend added the card's final bout, Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims, on its Web site.

MMAjunkie.com first reported this past week that Sims vs. Lashley had been finalized for the Jan. 30 event, which takes place at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla.

Lashley (a WWE/TNA pro-wrestling star) vs. Sims (a UFC veteran) is one of five bouts on the Showtime-televised main card, which features a headliner of Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis for the first-ever Strikeforce welterweight title.
Wow...I really didn't think they'd find an opponent for Lashley on such short notice and I really didn't expect somebody notable. Those who don't remember, Wes Sims was one of the 'meat-heads' from Team Rampage on this last TUF season. Sims is a UFC vet, sort of, but also a former NFL tight end. Pretty favorable match-up for Lashley but given Sims' size...it will be the least bit challenging when it comes to takedowns.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eric Bischoff fired Bobby Lashley on TNA tonight...so I guess that answers the question of how can he wrestle in TNA and fight in Strikeforce at the same time.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know I am talking to myself in this thread so far...but I just wanted to point out that Herschel Walker and Bobby Lashley are gonna beat the living daylights out of their opponents.

I think the shape these guys are in right now says it all:

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bobby will destroy, hes a legit up and comer. herschel, well you know they are gonna give him someone to beat.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Herschel looks phenomenal for almost 48

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just love how both Lashley and Walker look completely chiseled...while their opponents look like a couple of meat sacks.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bobby Lashley just GnP'd his way to his first Strikeforce win. Lashley is all tricked out in Tapout gear...so my question is will Dana ban his fighters from wearing Tapout sh.t now? He banned fighters from wearing Clinch Gear and RVCA b/c both ended up on Strikeforce tv.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WOW! You guys that don't watch Strikeforce have no idea what your missing.

Melvin Manhoef is destroying Robbie Lawler and then out of nowhere...Lawler lands one shot to the jaw and down goes Manhoef. A devastating and shocking KO from out of nowhere. Melvin Manhoef is no joke too.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah - Lawler got SOOOOOO lucky with that punch.. Lawler's leg has GOT to be hurting

next is Herschel!!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMFAO at the Rex Ryan interview. Booed the entire time by the Miami crowd, closed his interview by telling the fans that he's gonna beat the Dolphins both times next season.

Also predicted the Colts will win the Super Bowl.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Herschel Walker looking great so far, completely pwned Round 1.

Uh oh...Georges St. Pierre in attendance. Dana can't be too happy his Welterweight Champion just appeared on Strikeforce television.

-------

EDIT: Herschel Walker with a TKO-win. Fight wasn't even close.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cris Cyborg retains her title with a TKO over Coenen.

Nick Diaz is the first Strikeforce Welterweight Champion, courtesy of a devastating KO over Zamoskis.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah - his fight was a joke - much like Herschel's

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Last few Strikeforce cards have been better than UFC cards, in my opinion at least.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Last few Strikeforce cards have been better than UFC cards, in my opinion at least.
Yea, I havent even wanted to watch the last couple cards.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bobby Lashley just GnP'd his way to his first Strikeforce win. Lashley is all tricked out in Tapout gear...so my question is will Dana ban his fighters from wearing Tapout sh.t now? He banned fighters from wearing Clinch Gear and RVCA b/c both ended up on Strikeforce tv.
He banned Clinch Gear because it's Hendos clothing but it will never happen. Tapout is wayyyy too big.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He banned Clinch Gear because it's Hendos clothing but it will never happen. Tapout is wayyyy too big.
He also banned RVCA because they sponsored Fedor on the last Strikeforce on CBS card. I am just wondering why the double-standard here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%