We'll see how this goes...

1521031261-U11136.png

#2 OFFLINE   DJT

DJT

Legend

• Hall of Fame
  • 26,111 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:26 AM

Yeah didn't he "retire" after the University of Utah too?

#3 OFFLINE   Hurricane Season

Hurricane Season

Legend

• ★ GFX Champion ★
  • 26,225 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:30 AM

Yeah didn't he "retire" after the University of Utah too?

Florida

1521031261-U11136.png

#4 OFFLINE   DJT

DJT

Legend

• Hall of Fame
  • 26,111 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:31 AM

I thought he retired for medical reasons after the U of Utah, then went to Florida then Ohio st?

#5 OFFLINE   Hurricane Season

Hurricane Season

Legend

• ★ GFX Champion ★
  • 26,225 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:34 AM

I thought he retired for medical reasons after the U of Utah, then went to Florida then Ohio st?

I'm not sure about his medical issues at Utah, but I wouldn't be surprised.  I don't think any of them are actually real.

1521031261-U11136.png

#6 OFFLINE   DJT

DJT

Legend

• Hall of Fame
  • 26,111 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

Oh I think you were right, it was Utah, Florida "retirement" then Ohio

#7 OFFLINE   Coach

Coach

Top Draft Prospect

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

He was hired away from Utah after their BCS bowl win. Then he had the heart problems at Florida and now this. 

This just keeps the University from having to fire him post-scandal. He will be back in 2 or 3 years at USC or LSU or whatever high profile school he wants to be at. He is the scum of the Earth. He's a cockroach that karma just cant seem to kill. 

Houston Astros 2017 World Champions

~God First~Others Second~Self Last~

Twitter: @mjharvey12

#8 ONLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 53,105 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:03 PM

This all may be true, but man he definitely seemed like he was having health problems towards the end of the season.

I thought he was going to die during the Maryland game.

1502213674-U10.gif

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

#9 ONLINE   Teagz

Teagz

Dogs.

• 17,264 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

eh I think he's probably done for good. The scandal is a lot of baggage for another school to take on and I feel like OSU was the destination for him. Don't think he'll jump to just any high profile job.

klCDTru.jpg?4

#10 OFFLINE   elcheato

elcheato

Legend

• Hall of Fame
  • 67,793 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:04 AM

He was hired away from Utah after their BCS bowl win. Then he had the heart problems at Florida and now this. 

This just keeps the University from having to fire him post-scandal. He will be back in 2 or 3 years at USC or LSU or whatever high profile school he wants to be at. He is the scum of the Earth. He's a cockroach that karma just cant seem to kill. 

Werent you defending an abuser months ago during the mlb playoffs?

1463678463-U12317.png

#11 ONLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 53,105 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:43 PM

CRYING

1502213674-U10.gif

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

#12 OFFLINE   Coach

Coach

Top Draft Prospect

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:10 PM

Alleged. And we can all act like we know what happened with Osuna, but nobody knows the full details because Canada protects that information. Even then that's apples to oranges. Urban Meyer purposefully protected Zach Smith with full knowledge of what was happening behind doors. Osuna made a one-time mistake, of which we know no details of what even occurred. So it's hard to draw lines and make comparisons anyways. 

The facts are that Urban Meyer destroyed Florida before he left with the toxic culture and impending violations before he "had heart issues" and then conveniently walks out on OSU when this scandal goes down. 

#13 ONLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Global Moderator
  • 35,036 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:14 PM

was it just a one time mistake though?

1533085612-U12230.png

#14 ONLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 53,105 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

Alleged. And we can all act like we know what happened with Osuna, but nobody knows the full details because Canada protects that information. Even then that's apples to oranges. Urban Meyer purposefully protected Zach Smith with full knowledge of what was happening behind doors. Osuna made a one-time mistake, of which we know no details of what even occurred. So it's hard to draw lines and make comparisons anyways. 

The facts are that Urban Meyer destroyed Florida before he left with the toxic culture and impending violations before he "had heart issues" and then conveniently walks out on OSU when this scandal goes down. 

Why is protecting somebody who made the mistake worse than actually making the mistake itself? Not that either is right, but Urban Meyer didn't hit a woman.

1502213674-U10.gif

#15 OFFLINE   Coach

Coach

Top Draft Prospect

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

was it just a one time mistake though?

dunno, but i guess we are now to assume that it has happened more than once?? And all this, we dont even know exactly what happened in the first place. 

#16 OFFLINE   Coach

Coach

Top Draft Prospect

• Members
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

Why is protecting somebody who made the mistake worse than actually making the mistake itself? Not that either is right, but Urban Meyer didn't hit a woman.

I never said it was worse. I said the situations are different. We know a lot more of the facts in the Meyer case than we do in the Osuna. That in and of itself makes it a lot easier to pass judgement. 

My stance on the Osuna deal is that I do not approve of what he was charged with (assault). The fact that he accepted all the MLB punishments is proof to me that he is willing to accept blame in the situation, but he also plead not guilty and was adamant that the rumors swirling about were not true. He is young, suffered from anxiety and depression. There's a lot more to the story that doesnt make it a black and white issue. I believe that we all deserve second chances. If he shows that this was a one-time deal and he seeks help and betters himself, then what is the problem here? He made a mistake. That doesn't mean he should no longer be employable. If a team is willing to accept the risk of it happening again and looking bad, then thats what they have to decide. The Astros weighed that risk and decided to make the deal. Im not thrilled that they did, but it is what it is. 

bottomline: they are two different scenarios. Urban was clearly wrong in what he did. This isnt his first time. He's a liar. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 10 user(s)

bosoxlover12, DJT, Teagz, CameronCrazy06, The Guid, Coach, Hurricane Season, Big Bid'Ness, AiRuPtHeRe™, Delirium

Social Media

Site Info