Is Suh really the top DT?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Its still Crazy to me whenever I see a list of the top DTs in the NFL and see people just Pencil Suh in at #1 or #2.

Yeah, he had a good year last year. He should have 1 sack taken off his total though. Most of the time Suh was beat, and they was coverage sacks due to nobody open.

Just my opinion.

Hate when people look at stats instead of gameplay.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
People just like to jump the gun on things. He was a rookie last year and people are already calling him the best? Ridiculous. He's a beast, and should have great numbers next year as well, but he's not the best.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever called him the top. He's up there though. Plus he was only a rookie. I think eventually he will be the best.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever called him the top. He's up there though. Plus he was only a rookie. I think eventually he will be the best.
That's the thing. People need to let him get more seasons under his belt before proclaiming that. He is capable of being the best, but not now.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
IMO to be the best DT, you have to be able to stop the run just as well as rush the passer.

Suh is a liability against the run.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Exactly. If he was the best, he would have to be great against the run and on the pass rush. Not just good at one or the other. I did see a lot of his sacks were coverage. The QB pretty much ran right towards him. Occasionally he could break through and track them down, but there also were times when I would see him be struggling to get past a guy, and i'd see the RB slide right by him. Most of the time he was double teamed, but it occasionally happened one on one. I would like to see him work on that so he can be more of a force, and I think next year he will be. Especially with the addition of Fairley, who will hopefully take some of the attention off Suh, on some plays.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
C'monnn

Suhs a beast.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's another question, how big of a leap (or step back) does Suh take this year? He played good last season, but did he overachieve?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Here's another question, how big of a leap (or step back) does Suh take this year? He played good last season, but did he overachieve?
Exactly.

Alot of hype is going to be on Suhs shoulders this year.

It could go either 1 or 2 ways,

Either he does worse than this year, and people start to worry, or he does the same and people realize that hes reached his potential and hes not going to get any better.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Exactly.

Alot of hype is going to be on Suhs shoulders this year.

It could go either 1 or 2 ways,

Either he does worse than this year, and people start to worry, or he does the same and people realize that hes reached his potential and hes not going to get any better.
Or he gets better and continues to ascend the ranks of top DTs in the NFL

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Or he gets better and continues to ascend the ranks of top DTs in the NFL
How much better can Suh get?

If you watched Suh last year you would know that his sacks were mostly coverage sacks and he was beat on alot of plays. Fans tend to look at the stats more than tape.
Suh is really overrated. It was a rookie year, yet people say hes top 10, just because he had a good year.

If after a year like that, people are saying hes the top DT.. I don't think he could get any better.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PcdMQhFJYk

Example of Suhs stats being Padded.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't understand?
Hop of Suh's dick for real.
Literally everyone wants to see this kid fail, and wants to think of reasons why he sucks or is overrated.
He was a Pro-Bowler his rookie season, moving the fuck on.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I don't understand?
Hop of Suh's dick for real.
Literally everyone wants to see this kid fail, and wants to think of reasons why he sucks or is overrated.
He was a Pro-Bowler his rookie season, moving the fuck on.
Nobody is on his dick lol.

Its not that we want to see him fail.

Hes just not the top DT everybody is making him out to be, simple.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who the fuck is everybody? lol
Dudes have been trying to degrade him here ever since he got drafted.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Who the fuck is everybody? lol
Dudes have been trying to degrade him here ever since he got drafted.
Not really.

People in the media, people on FF, people even here, people everywhere.

Making the Pro Bowl doesn't mean much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%