4) Michael Turner
5) Ray Rice

WR:
1) Andre Johnson
2) Reggie Wayne
3) Randy Moss
4) Desean Jackson
5) Miles Austin

These are the top 5, in my opinion. How about you?

EaglesUK

Reaction score
DeSean Jackson, 4th? Really? I love the guy but he barely scrapes my top-15.

Mooche

Reaction score
I know it is your top-5 but, I disagree with a few things.

First, Manning is still the top quarterback in the league.

No Larry Fitzgerald in your WR's? He has been probably the best WR in the league, hands down for the past two seasons.

Miles Austin is a damn good player, but he hasn't shown it enough to be mentioned among the ELITE yet.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First, Manning is still the top quarterback in the league.
I don't agree but he sure as hell isn't below Aaron Rodgers...

who's done all of what, btw, to show us he's worthy of being called a top QB in the league?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Larry Fitz is a much better receiver than everyone on that list except Andre.

Matt Schaub should be replaced by Rivers.

No Steven Jackson?

Mooche

Reaction score
You truly don't believe Manning is the best QB in the league? Wow. Alright, let's kind of look back at last year. He lost his No. 2 WR in Gonzo early in the season. He had still two prime targets in Reggie and Dallas Clark, but he still allowed players like Collie and Garcon to look among the best in the league. Let's face it, you know and I know full well they ARE NOT as good as their stats have shown, and I am a Colts fan saying this. That's all Manning. He has a work ethic like nobody, he has a skill-set that is truly outstanding, being a quarterback you learn so much from watching his games it is unreal. Why do you think people were saying he would be the "G.O.A.T" if he won this last Super Bowl? It isn't a fluke, he's shown what he is made of over the years and at the end of the day I feel he is the best quarterback in the league right now. Argue for Brees, it's a fair argument. Brees is one of those guys on the way up without a doubt, and the sky is the limit in that offense for him. However, I don't believe he is better overall than Manning at this point in time, and to be technical about it, I think he had the better offense surrounding him in the Super Bowl. No excuse, but that is my opinion. That goes back to me saying he has unlimited potential in that offense.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I never said Manning wasn't the best; however in Brees' defense, he did have the highest QB rating in the NFL.

Mooche

Reaction score
It was in response to Baggino.... Ha. But, yes, one stat he is better. Manning has thrown for more yards last year, and he played a little in the Jets game and didn't play the Bills game. Your point?

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
SMH

Deangelo Williams is easily better than Ray Rice and Michael Turner

Oiler35

Reaction score
Larry Fitz is a much better receiver than everyone on that list except Andre.

Matt Schaub should be replaced by Rivers.

No Steven Jackson?
In my opinion, Moss, Wayne, Jackson, and Austin are better. There are tonnes of great WRs in the league, no doubt. It could go plenty of ways. You could also say guys like Roddy White, Megatron, and even Anquan Boldin are deserving of a spot, but again, this is my opinion, feel free to post yours.

Matt Schuab is miles better than Philip Rivers. Rivers isn't good under pressure (que last years Jets-Chargers game, January 17th), and is just turns over the ball too much (60 turnovers, not including times where he has fumbled, and not lost possession)

Ahh, Steven Jackson. He's a great back, and probably 6th on my list. It was a dead-heat competition for the last spot, and Ray Rice proved that he can be a great back last year, and I can see him doing much better than Steven Jackson this year.

Again, this is my opinion, post yours if you disagree.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
I swear this kid doesnt know his football

Really??

Larry Fitgerald is way better than Miles Austin!!!!!

Any team would rather have Fitz as their number 1 option rather than Austin

Mooche

Reaction score

Really??

Of course any team would. It's a no brainer. Miles Austin has done it for one year, it's as simple as that. Fitz has proven himself among the elite year in and year out. When Miles Austin has the playoffs like Fitz had in the year leading up to Super Bowl, we can talk about this. Fitz carried that team, it was absolutely amazing. He was playing out of his mind.

Oiler35

Reaction score

Really??

In my opinion, Moss, Wayne, Jackson, and Austin are better. There are tonnes of great WRs in the league, no doubt. It could go plenty of ways. You could also say guys like Roddy White, Megatron, and even Anquan Boldin are deserving of a spot, but again, this is my opinion, feel free to post yours.

Mooche

Reaction score
Alright. We get that it is your opinion, of course you are entitled to it and can stick by it. However, I am interested why you see Miles Austin better than Fitzgerald, after we really saw one year of production out of him?

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
Alright. We get that it is your opinion, of course you are entitled to it and can stick by it. However, I am interested why you see Miles Austin better than Fitzgerald, after we really saw one year of production out of him?
+1

face it dude you really dropped the ball there lol

Oiler35

Reaction score
He's the number one guy in Dallas now, with Roy E. Williams really declining, and Jason Witten declining a bit. Aswell, he has a better QB throwing to him. I'd take Romo over Leinart anyday.

Mooche

Reaction score
He's the number one guy in Dallas now, with Roy E. Williams really declining, and Jason Witten declining a bit. Aswell, he has a better QB throwing to him. I'd take Romo over Leinart anyday.
You do realize that Witten is still a prime target in this league, right? He demands a ton of respect, and teams must gameplan to have him shut down, because we have seen where he can just start taking over a game. He's a damn good TE in this league and is among the best. As for Williams declining, you bet he has, he is starting to drop and that is that. Look at the running game they had this past year in Dallas. Choice, Felix and MB24. Are you kidding me? That's one hell of a trio, they have a running game that also demands a lot of respect from a defense when you are game planning to shut this team down, which opens up passing lanes for Romo and of course the PA pass, a lot. However, if they were so sold on Miles Austin, why go draft Dez Bryant? There were plenty of other good players who dropped in this past NFL Draft they could have snagged, but they went with Bryant. Well, it is because Bryant is a true No. 1 WR. He plays the game like one, he has that kind of mentality and ultimately he has that physical tools to be one. Miles Austin is a No. 2 WR in the NFL on most teams, and he will be in Dallas when Bryant comes around.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Since they've both been in the league, and been active.

Larry Fitz;
2007 100 receptions, 1,409 yards, 10 touchdowns
2008 96 receptions, 1,431 yards, 12 touchdowns
2009 97 receptions, 1,092 yards, 13 touchdowns

*Not counting his 103 receptions and 10 touchdowns in 2005

Miles Austin;
2007 five receptions, 76 yards, 0 touchdowns
2008 13 receptions, 278 yards, 3 touchdowns
2009 81 receptions, 1,320 yards, 11 touchdowns

Just for fun

Andre Johnson;
2007 60 receptions, 851 yards, 8 touchdowns (9 games started)
2008 115 receptions, 1,575 yards, 8 touchdowns
2009 101 receptions, 1,569 yards, 9 touchdowns

Oiler35

Reaction score
You do realize that Witten is still a prime target in this league, right? He demands a ton of respect, and teams must gameplan to have him shut down, because we have seen where he can just start taking over a game. He's a damn good TE in this league and is among the best. As for Williams declining, you bet he has, he is starting to drop and that is that. Look at the running game they had this past year in Dallas. Choice, Felix and MB24. Are you kidding me? That's one hell of a trio, they have a running game that also demands a lot of respect from a defense when you are game planning to shut this team down, which opens up passing lanes for Romo and of course the PA pass, a lot. However, if they were so sold on Miles Austin, why go draft Dez Bryant? There were plenty of other good players who dropped in this past NFL Draft they could have snagged, but they went with Bryant. Well, it is because Bryant is a true No. 1 WR. He plays the game like one, he has that kind of mentality and ultimately he has that physical tools to be one. Miles Austin is a No. 2 WR in the NFL on most teams, and he will be in Dallas when Bryant comes around.
I know he is, but I still think that Miles Austin will attract more passes. Last year he proved he is amongst the NFL's elite when he's passed the ball enough. Can someone say more passes?

Dez Bryant was taken due to the Williams decline. I think he's take some receptions, probably the ones that would have gone to Williams if he was as good as he once was. Translation: He'll get some receptions, but Dez isn't ready to be a number one WR yet. I still see Austin being a dominant force on the Cowboys, and one of the best WRs in the NFL.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
Since they've both been in the league, and been active.

Larry Fitz;
2007 100 receptions, 1,409 yards, 10 touchdowns
2008 96 receptions, 1,431 yards, 12 touchdowns
2009 97 receptions, 1,092 yards, 13 touchdowns

*Not counting his 103 receptions and 10 touchdowns in 2005

Miles Austin;
2007 five receptions, 76 yards, 0 touchdowns
2008 13 receptions, 278 yards, 3 touchdowns
2009 81 receptions, 1,320 yards, 11 touchdowns

Just for fun

Andre Johnson;
2007 60 receptions, 851 yards, 8 touchdowns (9 games started)
2008 115 receptions, 1,575 yards, 8 touchdowns
2009 101 receptions, 1,569 yards, 9 touchdowns
lol

sam should just stay away from football talk
jk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%