Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Oakland wouldnt be favored over the cubs or dodgers, and thats a fact
The Brewers have better odds of winning the WS than Oakland does

CoachAF

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Oakland wouldnt be favored over the cubs or dodgers, and thats a fact

people keep underestimating the A's because they lack the big names. that's fine. the facts are that they are 34-16 since the ASB, have one of the filthiest bullpens in the league, one of the best defensive teams in the league, and have lost only 1 series since July 29th (to the defending WS champions in Houston). They are legit, and the Yankees better hope Judge makes a big difference down the stretch. They will want every advantage they can get. I'd take the A's against every team in the NL right now. I guess a lot can happen in the next 2 weeks, but I am glad the Astros won't have to potentially face the A's until the ALCS. They are a very, very good team. 

CoachAF

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
The Brewers have better odds of winning the WS than Oakland does

The Brewers wouln't have to beat the Yankees, Red Sox, and Astros/Indians to make it there...LOL that's why they have better odds. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Coach said:
people keep underestimating the A's because they lack the big names. that's fine. the facts are that they are 34-16 since the ASB, have one of the filthiest bullpens in the league, one of the best defensive teams in the league, and have lost only 1 series since July 29th (to the defending WS champions in Houston). They are legit, and the Yankees better hope Judge makes a big difference down the stretch. They will want every advantage they can get. I'd take the A's against every team in the NL right now. I guess a lot can happen in the next 2 weeks, but I am glad the Astros won't have to potentially face the A's until the ALCS. They are a very, very good team.
My point was that Vegas would favor the Dodgers and Cubs over them. I know they're good.

CoachAF

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
My point was that Vegas would favor the Dodgers and Cubs over them. I know they're good.
My counterpoint is what did Vegas peg the As at before the season? Vegas looks at numbers, but baseball is played on the field. And the As look damn good right now.

I get that the Dodgers/ Cubs would be favored. I wouldnt favor them though.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Coach said:

I agree, but I don't think their starting pitching will be good enough to put them over the top though. 

catman

Reaction score
GMF1991 said:
David Wrights last game is the 29th. Gonna cost a lot, but I'm going.
I'm glad to see him back on the field again, even if its just for show.  He was, at one time, one of the faces of baseball.  He has always played the game hard, but clean.  He was never on a team that I particularly cheered for, but I always appreciated his efforts.  I just hope he gets a hit in the game.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Tickets went up so much. It's like $125 for standing room. I'll watch it from my house.

I expect it to be like Jeters last game where the pitcher throws him a meatball.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Wasn't sure what to expect from deGrom against Boston. Looks like hes getting roughed up already.

catman

Reaction score
Too bad people just want to make money on Wright's last game.  Its a shame what has become of the sport.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Its funny, pwn hated turner for some reason

Said last year was a fluke (even after hitting 27 homers in 2016)

2017: .322/.415/.530 5.4 WAR in 130 games
2018: .321/.418/.533 4.0 WAR in 90 games

Lol. He's a star, man. Guys change. Look at Jose Bautista and JD Martinez.

I just want th dodgers to win the west :/

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Its funny, pwn hated turner for some reason

Said last year was a fluke (even after hitting 27 homers in 2016)

2017: .322/.415/.530 5.4 WAR in 130 games
2018: .321/.418/.533 4.0 WAR in 90 games

Lol. He's a star, man. Guys change. Look at Jose Bautista and JD Martinez.

I just want th dodgers to win the west :/
Marlon Byrd was instrumental in helping Turner completely overhaul his swing and approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%