Official MMA Talk Thread

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Discuss all the Mixed Martial Arts stuff here.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm gonna be gone and won't hear who won the Ramage vs. Forrest fight. :(

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so, you're not allowed internet access while on the mission?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so, you're not allowed internet access while on the mission?
Only to e-mail my family once a week. I could sneak on to another site and find out...but that would kinda be lame.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wow - that sux, but I understand the whole focus concept.. sucks, really... 2 years, too right?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep 2 years. It will be good though. I'll post a big i'm leaving thread when it gets closer. No following sports for 2 years will be real tough, i'll have alot to catch up on when I get back.

I just watched The Ultimate Fighter from yesterday...my thoughts: Jesse vs Dante was flat out horrible. Neither fighter showed anything. Also I am very very very happy Amir won. I really like him, just has a cool attitude and personality I think. But I was surprised that Amir didn't pound him out on the ground, I think he really could of.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
next week, my boy Tim fights Rampage's #1 guy.. mainly cuz all the other fighters didn't want to fight him.. should be a good fight (and obviously, I will be rooting for Credeur)

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Credeur I think thinks his better than he really is. He is a funny guy though and I like him. Also he is fighting Rampages #2 guy in Cramer. (CB is #1) I like how Credeur said he is better looking than me, so I want to know that I can beat him up. And I think i'm gonna make 16 year old girls around the country cry. I'm cheering for Rampages guys though, there are only 2 of them.

bodawg

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to join in the TUF discussion, but they don't show current seasons here. They have TUF 5, but it's on at crappy times.

Well I'm not overly excited for UFC 85. I like Bisping and Swick, so I'm hoping they'll win. I'll watch it, but I don't know how much to expect from it. It will probably be a good show.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't you have Tivo or DVR or anything? Just record them and watch at a convenient time.

djhipp

Reaction score
I just watched The Ultimate Fighter from yesterday...my thoughts: Jesse vs Dante was flat out horrible. Neither fighter showed anything. Also I am very very very happy Amir won. I really like him, just has a cool attitude and personality I think. But I was surprised that Amir didn't pound him out on the ground, I think he really could of.
I cant stand Amir's stupid ass haircut. :p I was seriously hoping Brown would beat the snot out of him, which he did but oh well. Brown was my pick to win.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Official Weigh In Results For EXC: Primetime
MMANews.com's own Brian DeSantis was live on location for todays weigh in's for EliteXC: Primetime. The event is scheduled to take tomorrow night on CBS when MMA makes it network television debut.

The following are the results:

Kimbo Slice (235.5) vs. James Thompson (257)
Robbie Lawler (184.5) vs. Scott Smith (184.5)
Phil Baroni (185) vs. Joey Villasenor (184.5)
Gina Carano (144.5)* vs. Kaitlin Young (140.5)
Brett Rogers (263.5) vs. Jon Murphy (260.5)
Carlos Moreno (261) vs. Carlton Haselrig (263)
Chris Liguori (161) vs. Jim Bova (160.5)
Nick Serra (167) vs. Matt Makowski (171)
Wilson Reis (140.5) vs. Justin Robbins (140.5)
James Jones (154.5) vs. Calvin Kattar (155.5)
Andre Soares (134) vs. Zach Makovsky (135)
Mike Groves (154) vs. Joe Sampieri (155)

*Both fighters were aware that Carano would be over weight before the weigh ins and part of her purse was awared to Young.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Forrest will be winner. So don't worry. :)
There's no way my boy Rampage lets that happen. He's too strong for Forrest, and he'll take him down and ground and pound him. Rampage by decision.

Also next weeks Ultimate Fighter looks amazing. The two fights should be really good, and Jesse gets pissed off at that punk. (I forgot his name, but he fought Brown in the first round) I really want to see him get his ass kicked again.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I cant stand Amir's stupid ass haircut. :p I was seriously hoping Brown would beat the snot out of him, which he did but oh well. Brown was my pick to win.
Yea, his mullet/streaks are kinda silly, but I just like his attitude.

There's no way my boy Rampage lets that happen. He's too strong for Forrest, and he'll take him down and ground and pound him. Rampage by decision.

Also next weeks Ultimate Fighter looks amazing. The two fights should be really good, and Jesse gets pissed off at that punk. (I forgot his name, but he fought Brown in the first round) I really want to see him get his ass kicked again.
His name is Jeremy May, and I hope Jesse kicks the shiz out of him, or anyone really.

bodawg

Reaction score
Forrest is better and smarter. We thinks Rampage is a douche.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rampage and Forrest are both awesome guys. They are funny, and have good personality's. May the best man win.

djhipp

Reaction score
Forrest is better and smarter. We thinks Rampage is a douche.
Hope your kidding. Rampage is a WAY Smarter and better fighter. Forrest is a better coach though. :p

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WEC last night was mixed..

the two belt bouts were good, but the others were lackluster... surprised the Faber actually did so wel in his stand-up with Pulver... the other fight was phenomenal, especially the first round -- both were just wailing away at each other

utexas1007

Best in the World
Reaction score
Chad, I hope you're kidding about the ground and pound by Rampage on Forrest. Rampage is just gonna knock him out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%