2018 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Whether they agree with you or not, you always bring it up out of nowhere even despite the Yankees' slow start and the Red Sox starting very well. Maybe by "only a matter of time", you meant 4-5 months? Most teams don't clinch until September.
One thing anyone should know is that the Yankees always come back to beat us. They almost did last year and basically did because they got farther in the postseason...

Its not farfetched. In the prediction thread, around 90% of people claimed Yankees for AL East.

How is that bringing it out of nowhere?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Being a red sox fan must be pain right now.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
Being a red sox fan must be pain right now.
Not really, we are still in a good spot. If we don't win the next game, then it's bad.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I don't see what there is to try.  You're making an illogical argument.  It's been said since day 1, so why is it unrealistic for me to say it now?  This is exactly what I'm talking about.

You all think I'm an idiot for saying these things, but if and when they do happen (I have a pretty good track record by the way in the past) the tables will be turned.  I've pissed off a ton of people at other forums for predicting the 2007 Yankees almost taking our division when they looked finished mid-season, the rise of the 2008 Rays and the fact that the Yankees signed Jacoby Ellsbury when everyone lambasted me and said it was impossible.  It's called taking a risk.  If you think my predictions are so drastic, you have too much drama in your life and take the game way too seriously.

If you think I'm so unrealistic, you should look at the other side as well who has tried to take me down only to find out they were wrong.  The only reason people are up in arms about what I say is because I'm adamant about it happening they don't agree with it, and when tables are turned they'll either be pissed or turn a cheek like nothing happened. 

Like Mexi.  He hasn't mentioned anything else about Rich Hill, and I hadn't been paying attention, but lo and behold I look today and where is Rich Hill?  On the 10-day DL with a finger inflammation.  What else is new there.  As good as he is when he gets to the field, the guy lives on the DL.  A complete liability for any rotation in the midst of keeping consistency.  Mexi, I don't trash Rich Hill because of his ability.  I trash the fact that the Dodgers think he's such a great swing man in their rotation and he's often injured.  He should be a bullpen/spot starter guy because he can't stay healthy a whole season to start.

The funny thing is I'm not even being a homer.  I'm telling everyone that the Yankees are coming and I'm a Red Sox fan.  Just wait and see.  It'll be close down the stretch, but they'll be right there with us in the end.  If you don't know that, then you don't know the Yankees.

catman

Reaction score
Yep.  Lets see if he's ready for the bright lights.  Some great players can't handle the pressures of being in the bigs.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Yankees only 4 games back, possibly 3 after today, but I've been told it's impossible for them to catch the Red Sox. The very thought of it is flawed!

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We shouldnt even be looking at standings thus early in the season anyways lmao.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trevor Bauer may be putting it together

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
snipezo said:
We shouldnt even be looking at standings thus early in the season anyways lmao.
I hadn't even been looking, they just came up on mlb tv. Point is, standings aside, it's plausible.

CC, however, mentioned the Red Sox big start which implied they are above in the standings.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Nobody said its impossible
You're right, but they tear me apart about my opinion, so whether or not it's impossible, they don't believe it.

The whole "impossible" part was sarcasm by the way.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kimbrel gas the pubiest beard of all time. Gross.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Well isn't this great. Can't trust Pomeranz and our B lineup.

Where's Blake Swihart? Such wasted talent, at least he might get a hit.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
false

he was a promising prospect in like 2014, and nothing more. he was hyped far less than ryan kalish was, and he's a career backup too. swihart is nothing special at all

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
false

he was a promising prospect in like 2014, and nothing more. he was hyped far less than ryan kalish was, and he's a career backup too. swihart is nothing special at all
It could turn out that way, but play the guy to find out. He was crushing the ball in spring training.

Honestly, we should trade him because he has no spot on this team. But I would either trade him or put him in, because I think he can hit better than a lot of other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%