Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger could miss 4-6 weeks

47th oG

Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger could miss four to six weeks after having surgery for a torn meniscus in his left knee, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

The sources said Roethlisberger and the Steelers were informed of the timetable by orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Bradley based on what the doctor saw when he performed the arthroscopic procedure Monday.

"Doc says my knee looked good, but there still was some stuff in there from when I had my bone bruise last season in St. Louis," Roethlisberger told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Tuesday. "He said that might keep me out a little longer than just a simple meniscus tear. Maybe an extra week or so. But there's no way to put an exact timetable on it. It all depends on my pain and how I feel."

Roethlisberger originally was told to expect to miss two to three weeks, sources said, but the post-surgery prognosis broadened that window. However, as a team source said, Roethlisberger has defied odds before when dealing with injuries.

The Steelers on Tuesday said Roethlisberger would not play Sunday against the New England Patriots and were cautiously optimistic that he could return after the bye week for a matchup against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 9.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17831596/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-4-6-weeks

Tough news for the Steelers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%