• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jimmer

Jimmer

Hypebeast

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Jimmy Garoppolo is making the niners look like a not so bad team. The niners are 3-0 with him starting and they play way better with him. Do you think the niners could be a playoff team with him starting next year? What comparison do you have for him? 

#2 ONLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Global Moderator
  • 34,488 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

Patriots bias but I think they can sneak in potentially with a strong offseason

Kittle is a solid receiving TE, and Hyde/Brieda is good enough in the backfield. If they could get another good WR to go with Garçon/Goodwin/Taylor and shore up that OL, theyll have a good offense

that front four if properly utilized can be really nice too. Armstead and a NT inside, with Thomas and Buckner on the edge provides pressure and contain, which then leaves Reuben to make plays inside, and Reid as a dime LB as well. Tartt and Ward are nice DBs, but an extra corner/safety/ILB could help this team a ton going forward

I liked the Niners before Jimmy tbh, and I think they can be a sleeper team going into next year

1533085612-U12230.png

#3 OFFLINE   Teagz

Teagz

Dogs.

• 16,870 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

I like how Jimmy's already been anointed a top 10 QB after his offense has scored 3 total touchdowns against the Bears, Texans, and Titans.

Put some respect on Robbie Gould's name. 15 field goals in the last 3 weeks.

klCDTru.jpg?4

#4 OFFLINE   BNC

BNC

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

It’s no idea why teams were so high on JimmyG, he had played like two games in a system that I think is about as favourable to QBs as any, and it’s not like Tom Brady’s backups have been that good, I would also assume if the Pats were willing to deal him they wouldn’t have been that high on him, but he’s pretty damn good

#2 SG of all time #24, on 19 Jun 2016 - 9:53 PM, said:snapback.png

@bnc even tho two weeks ago you gave up, ill forget that one for tonight. After all these years of back and forth, i wanna say congrats, and i can finally say lebron > kobe. Good luck, see you next season

#5 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,255 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

Patriots bias but I think they can sneak in potentially with a strong offseason

Kittle is a solid receiving TE, and Hyde/Brieda is good enough in the backfield. If they could get another good WR to go with Garçon/Goodwin/Taylor and shore up that OL, theyll have a good offense

that front four if properly utilized can be really nice too. Armstead and a NT inside, with Thomas and Buckner on the edge provides pressure and contain, which then leaves Reuben to make plays inside, and Reid as a dime LB as well. Tartt and Ward are nice DBs, but an extra corner/safety/ILB could help this team a ton going forward

I liked the Niners before Jimmy tbh, and I think they can be a sleeper team going into next year

I like the chemistry between jimmy and Goodwin so far. Seem to be connecting a lot.

Idk if they can be a sleeper next year, maybe the year after.

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#6 ONLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Global Moderator
  • 34,488 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

Its no idea why teams were so high on JimmyG, he had played like two games in a system that I think is about as favourable to QBs as any, and its not like Tom Bradys backups have been that good, I would also assume if the Pats were willing to deal him they wouldnt have been that high on him, but hes pretty damn good

you deal garoppolo because you have to franchise tag him to keep him and bradys never getting traded by kraft, ever.

and belichick, being the guy who hates to pay anybody, is not having a $22M backup

1533085612-U12230.png

#7 OFFLINE   BNC

BNC

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

you deal garoppolo because you have to franchise tag him to keep him and bradys never getting traded by kraft, ever.

and belichick, being the guy who hates to pay anybody, is not having a $22M backup

Or you realize that Brady is 40 years old and sometimes business decisions need to be made

@bnc even tho two weeks ago you gave up, ill forget that one for tonight. After all these years of back and forth, i wanna say congrats, and i can finally say lebron > kobe. Good luck, see you next season

#8 OFFLINE   Father Pugzo

Father Pugzo

#ForPaul

• Hall of Fame
  • 125,432 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:09 AM

Or you realize that Brady is 40 years old and sometimes business decisions need to be made

that team is never cutting ties to brady so throw that idea out the window.

1536417090-U3467.png

#9 ONLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Global Moderator
  • 34,488 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:53 AM

kraft will block any transaction of removing tom unless his play suffers greatly

1533085612-U12230.png

#10 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,255 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

They simply couldn't hold on to him. Too much money. Guy is already 26, they couldn't keep him waiting any longer.

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   AE.

AE.

Vottomatic

• Hall of Fame
  • 14,334 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

Jimmy looks fantastic but I'll reserve judgement. Even Matt Cassell looked like an All Pro in his first season as starter.

The 49ers still have a ton of holes to fill, but they are on the right track. I'd easily have taken chances with Jimmy over any of the QBs entering the 2018 draft. Foster also looking like a complete stud on the defensive side of the ball.

#12 ONLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 52,087 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

Id just argue that they couldve gotten more for him.

1502213674-U10.gif

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

#13 OFFLINE   BNC

BNC

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

kraft will block any transaction of removing tom unless his play suffers greatly

I understand that, but I don’t think Bill cares, it was obviously  not his idea to trade him. That too, I know Bill isn’t gonna help the browns but I’m sure they would have offered more

Edited by BNC, 22 December 2017 - 12:24 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   Teagz

Teagz

Dogs.

• 16,870 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Are there any rules that prevent a team from tagging a player they acquired midseason? 'Cause I was thinking, what if Brady retires, and Jimmy goes back to NE in the offseason? Belichick will have gotten a 2nd for free, essentially.

klCDTru.jpg?4

#15 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,255 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

I've never heard of that, but it's a good question. I doubt tom retires though, otherwise they would have kept Jimmy. They definitely know if he's staying.

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   BwareDWare94

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

• 8,709 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

JimmyG looks decent so far but I'd like to see them score more touchdowns. There's plenty of talent on that offense. Obviously having Garcon would be nice but Hyde is fucking awesome and I think Marquise Goodwin is far better than anybody could have reasonably expected. Also like Kittle and Celek at TE. He doesn't have a ton of talent around him, but it sure as hell ain't a shit show.

4774505_orig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 13 user(s)

AiRuPtHeRe™, Teagz, elcheato, BwareDWare94, Hurricane Season, AE., Big Bid'Ness, CameronCrazy06, Jimmer, BNC, The Guid, BlackMamba, GMF1991

Social Media

Site Info