Official MMA Talk Thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i missed this. i hit the town. accidently saw the DC result. should i watch the card tomorrow?

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Other than the Burgos fight, the card was pretty trash.

Looks like Ngannou still has a lot of work to do. Hes obviously got crazy power, but other than that, Miocic was just a lot more skilled than him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He barely had enough energy to stand after 4 minutes into the first round. Probably would have ended in the 2nd had Stipe had about 5-10 more seconds to lock in his choke at the end there

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snipezo said:
Other than the Burgos fight, the card was pretty trash.

Looks like Ngannou still has a lot of work to do. Hes obviously got crazy power, but other than that, Miocic was just a lot more skilled than him.
they had to book this fight but i didnt think ngannou had much of a chance. hes still too raw. the fight to make now has to be a healthy cain vs stipe. if stipe wins that, he really has to be considered the HW goat. guy has such a well rounded game, but that division is always one punch away from things changing.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bmma put out a better card imo

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rory's fight was underwhelming imo. He's turned into a wrestler because his nose is so fragile. The fight with Lawler really fucked him up.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
Rory's fight was underwhelming imo. He's turned into a wrestler because his nose is so fragile. The fight with Lawler really fucked him up.
lima fucked his leg up too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ufc is working on a stipe dc HW title fight

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Father Pugzo said:
ufc is working on a stipe dc HW title fight
this was quick

#BREAKING

Stipe Miocic (18-2) vs. Daniel Cormier (20-1, 1NC) heavyweight title fight headlines #UFC226 in Las Vegas on 7/7.

title on the line and both will coach the next season of tuf

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think any superfight has ever come together this quickly.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So if Cormier wins, will he stay at heavyweight, despite Cain being in the division? 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snipezo said:
So if Cormier wins, will he stay at heavyweight, despite Cain being in the division? 
many in the mma journalist world think he vacates both titles if he wins. he said recently he only wants to fight another year. this could end up his last fight.

im all for fights like this but when both are champions, you run the risk of one title getting vacated and it fucks with the rankings - not like the UFC uses them to determine title shots as of late

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Teagz said:
I think he wants Jones again
i dont even think he needs that. hes one of the greatest regardless of them fighting. even if they fight a third time and he finally wins, does it really change anyone's opinion of him? maybe just the casual fans. the real fans who've invested a lot of time in the sport, nope. i know i wouldnt care. it'd be a great way to retire, thats it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
an already weak card gets weaker.

pettis misses weight. second time missing in four(?) fights at LW. already came out and said FW almost killed him. maybe its age. idk because he would get wrecked if he moves up.

yoel missed weight on the second time. so if he wins. it means squat. only a interim/#1 contender fight for luke - who bobby knucks is gonna wreck if they fight.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im wondering how they'll spin this for yoel

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rockhold should stop taking title fights against guys coming in on short notice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%