Reaction score
Kawhi Leonard is a man of the people

Kawhi Leonard is a king of the hill

Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor [emoji1317]

#BoardManGetsAnotherParade

Paulius

Reaction score
Completely fooled the Lakers

He’s not this weak to join Bron when he has beaten him. Hes the new sheriff in town, he doesnt need to help Bron

Entertained the meeting and thats all

Masterplan worked out great. Brons left with Javale Mcgee in FA [emoji23][emoji897]

#HeAintNoBitch #AlphaKing

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MPJ hurt again. 

Dude will probably never play a game in the NBA.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Zion's jumper looks like garbage

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hot take: Russ is gonna start the season in Miami .. and that team is still gonna get bounced in the first round

Paulius

Reaction score
buzzy said:
Hot take: Russ is gonna start the season in Miami ..
Called this seconds after the PG trade

#WeHeatNationBabbyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Paulius

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
RJ Barrett certainly looks like a Knick so far.
Haha

Paulius

Reaction score
@[member="buzzy"] tyler herro is a straight hooper

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's honestly been the most impressive out of all the rookies

still SL tho

Paulius

Reaction score
SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Bulls' summer league squad is basically just Coby and a bunch of rec league players.

I don't think Hutch has it.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've never seen a more split opinion on what a player's value is. On one hand people say Westbrook's contract is so bad, that the Thunder should be happy as fuck to unload him and even might have to throw in a sweetener. Then you read that Miami is the team that should clear the cupboard for him, giving up Justise, Bam, Herro and picks.

Reality is probably somewhere in the middle.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Value should be categorized within leverage -- how little/much can you give up/get in return?

If OKC is actively looking to deal Westbrook, they do not have a majority's leverage; they'll be giving him up and getting a return less than his value. That much is universally agreed upon.

But who else is looking to trade for Westbrook? He has 4 years left on his contract, earning him over $171M ($40M more than the next highest amount, earned by Steph Curry). Also in order to trade for Russ, you have to send out over $30.7M in salaries, which equates out to 1 max level player or 2-4 solid role players earning between $7-15M / yr. 

I personally target three teams that should realistically be interested in Russell Westbrook, and that's Miami, New York, and Chicago. But there is no chance the Knicks are moving RJ Barrett, nor would Chicago move Lauri Markkanen. All three of these teams do have sufficient contracts to deal to OKC for clear massive cap room for next season (Thad Young+Sato+Felicio for CHI, Portis+Bullock+Ellington for NYK, Dragic+Johnson for MIA), but the question becomes how much do they need a Russell Westbrook type of player? I would argue Chicago probably the most (otherwise trading for Otto Porter was dumb as hell, and even still it was dumb as hell), followed by Miami and then New York.

The Heat and Knicks don't need Westbrook. Both will have max cap space next offseason as it is, and trading for Westbrook will restrict that ability. Trading for Westbrook also limits the other moves you can do around the team -- Miami is essentially locked in to Westbrook+Butler and whatever they can trade Olynyk for. 

THEREFORE I think its ridiculous to give up Justise, Bam, Herro, and picks. Miami has dealt their picks already, so I wouldn't feel comfortable moving a 2028 1st for a guy that will be 39 years old in that year and very likely not on the Miami Heat. Bam is the lone center on the roster (Olynyk is not a viable starting center with his inability to play strong interior defense), and that restricts the ability to build a team if you deal Bam.

If you need to include Herro OR Winslow, that I would get. I question the need for Justise when Butler fits a lot of what he does, where as Herro is a completely different player who's skillset complements Russ and Butler well. But at some point, you're bidding against yourself

Paulius

Reaction score
buzzy said:
I've never seen a more split opinion on what a player's value is. On one hand people say Westbrook's contract is so bad, that the Thunder should be happy as fuck to unload him and even might have to throw in a sweetener. Then you read that Miami is the team that should clear the cupboard for him, giving up Justise, Bam, Herro and picks.

Reality is probably somewhere in the middle.
We as heat nation cant do both Bam and Herro its one or the other plus justice and then dragic to a third team

Imo gotta keep Bam

Okc - Herro Justice
Miami - Westbrook
Dallas - Dragic

Everybody wins

Dallas get another euro for #europeanTakeover

We get Russ

Okc gets Herro who will ball out for them and Justice

Everyone is happy

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I'm the Heat I offer Winslow with cap fillers. Anything more and I'm out.

Even as a Heat fan I'd do that trade knowing it's the wrong move. It's a fun move but it immediately sets a ceiling for the duration of Westbrook's contract. They're not gonna win a title with Westbrook on the team.

Miami is still an attractive enough destination to attract free agents or disgruntled stars and they finally have some good young players other teams want as well as expiring (or less bad) contracts.
I hope Pat can resist.

Paulius

Reaction score
Buzzy theres buzz that presti isnt being pressured into getting more assets bc they got a haul for PG

Presti and okc wants cap relief

Which is perfect. Looks like they’re trying to do Russ right which they should. He deserves it and they owe him

I have a feeling Godfather will get russ for peanuts. Its all about finding that third team to take on some cap

#WeComingBuzzy #WeComing

Paulius

Reaction score
Heat vs Philly rivalry tho haha

Everyone especially embiid hates russ and vice versa

Jimmy left philly

Oh maaan im excited

East is wide open

#HeatNation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%