2016 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Im really excited this year about Correa and Lindor. Correa is a legitimate MVP candidate and Lindor is a Wiz with the glove.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I expect Miguel Sano & Byung-Ho Park to have a homerun derby in Minny

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jeez guys, give the Cubans more than a season to adjust before dismissing them as busts.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hard to get excited about a player who's a butcher in the field, and strikes out 25% while only walking at a 4% clip. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm just saying, when you've got a 22 year old kid who in AA hits from the left side for avg, power, and has speed in LF - there's a good chance Yas is on a short leash. If Brito starts out well in AAA I could see him platoon in LF by June.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/710132612258525186

my man 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bonds always the goat

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pisses me off how mlb blackballed him
Shameful

His last season, 42 year old Bonds
28 hr
.276/.480/.565

Smh

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Paying a lot of attention to the Rockies' SS situation. Reyes is undoubtedly headed for suspension, not that he's got much left in the tank anyways. Christian Adames was at one point thought to be the front-runner but Trevor Story is hitting dingers this Spring like nobody's biz. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ive been feeling like that for a few years

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I just dont see it, hes been a top ranked prospect for 3 years. Hes not going to hit for power, has had injury problems, and was alright in AA with limited experience in AAA.

Its time to buy my yearly fantasy baseball magazine and sign up for a draft. I need to do some research on Betts and Bogaerts to see if they are the real deal. Dont know much about them besides the fact that they played pretty well last year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well i can tell you both are the real deal

And they're probably Boston's entire offense
They need Ortiz for one more year to do his thing
Need Hanley, Pablo to bounce back in the worst way
And pedroia has to play more

Not feeling boston at all. Expect more of last season tbh

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dodgers are definitely gonna trade for a starter by the deadline
Hopefully Chris Sale :D

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is a make or break year for Buxton. I'm not a fan and took a lot of shit when I dumped him in my keeper league.

Betts and Xander are legit MVP candidates. Mookie is straight up slugging this Spring and Xander plays a position that is suddenly hitter-deficient. What I'm curious to see in Boston is how long they force Panda into the lineup. He's apparently been informed of a short leash this season. In a perfect world the Red Sox move Hanley to 3B and give Shaw the nod at 1B he's earned. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bogaerts is more likely to take a step back this year than a step forward. I'd say it's almost a guarantee he is worse this year than last 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indians have two guys who can finish top 10 in MVP voting, there cy young candidates, and they'll still manage to get 85 wins max. And then the Cleveland media will talk about how succesfull they are. Should be great

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Bogaerts is more likely to take a step back this year than a step forward. I'd say it's almost a guarantee he is worse this year than last 

What makes you say that? He isn't showing anything that would indicate he's taking a step back. He's also not a Sophomore. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't trust him to sustain his ridiculous babip from last year, and to make up for the inevitable drop there, he has to start drawing walks, and he hasn't shown he can do that in the big leagues. And for a guy who was suppose to have some power, he hasn't really shown it. 

So we'll see, but I'm not a believer. 

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I don't trust him to sustain his ridiculous babip from last year, and to make up for the inevitable drop there, he has to start drawing walks, and he hasn't shown he can do that in the big leagues. And for a guy who was suppose to have some power, he hasn't really shown it. 

So we'll see, but I'm not a believer. 
Fair enough. He tried to add power w/o losing agility and is up to 210 this season; was listed at 185 last. The Red Sox tried batting him cleanup this week and it didn't work out so well. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%