Venting Thread (NBA)

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As a Pelicans fan it's very interesting that the team is all in on getting Buddy the rookie of the year.  It's their goal for local and national attention reasons.  I guess where I'm going is that if you go back a few years, like when AD was a rookie under Monty Williams that sort of thing would have never flown.  Maybe that's why Monty isn't here anymore.  This is a team that isn't the least bit concerned with winning a title, it's not anywhere near their top goal.  They want to be relevant immediately to put butts in the seats now.  It's why you don't see them building through the draft.  Even though you have a arguable top 5 player in the NBA who is like 23 years old they want it now.  It sucks, and is going to cost us AD in 3-5 years, but I'm just trying to enjoy him before he leaves.  Which I'd say is about a 90% certainty, btw.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I can't handle somber Nola. I liked it better last year when you thought AD was going to lead the Pelicans to a title lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
I can't handle somber Nola. I liked it better last year when you thought AD was going to lead the Pelicans to a title lol
Ditto haha

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

I actually talked to my ticket rep and told him I wasn't going to renew.  After a few weeks I changed my mind, but I relocated to seats that are more than $1000 less than what I was paying.  I love the game so I usually enjoy it win or lose, and I figured it's not often you get to watch a guy like Anthony Davis.  So I renewed.  Had to kind of reevaluate why I was a fan, so hopefully I enjoy it more than I did last season.

With all that said, I still think this is a playoff team, but I don't think they can eventually become contenders regardless of how good AD is.  Not entirely sure they'll ever be healthy enough to really ever get a good playoff seed either.  But Anderson and Gordon are gone, and they are trying hard to move Tyreke and may end up stretching him, so that's another guy.  Maybe they can finally get some luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%