Andre Drummond Re-Signs in DET, $130M/5

Boogie

Hard Cap Issues
Reaction score
You shouldn't be able to say that because some teams don't need another big.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
He's a 22-23 year old star center. If you can sign him, you do. Every team that can would, and that's a fact. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
GOAT said:
You shouldn't be able to say that because some teams don't need another big.
30/30 teams in their position, star center turned rfa, max him
Its an absolute fact

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I can't think of anyone who wouldn't offer Andre Drummond if they could afford him and knew he'd come

Clippers would have the biggest excuse roster wise, and they still would do it without question

Stray32

Reaction score
Andre Drummond agreed to a five-year, $130 million contract with the Pistons Friday, Marc Stein of ESPN reports.

Can't tell me he's not worth a max after seeing some of the deals that were given out today

Stray32

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Mob you're an idiot if you think the Pistons are better off without Drummond than with him.
yup. Could not disagree more with mobruler here, I agree that he's not a leader but your best player does not have to be your leader, what he already is and will continue to be potentially even better is a supreme rebounding force not only in terms of defensive rebounding but also creating extra possessions on the other end. And he's still young, defensively he'll keep getting better and I'm guessing mentally he'll get better especially as confidence increases with any type of increase whatsoever (including not being hacked as much) in FT shooting

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he deserved it but he isnt worth it. hes not a leader we need and he has serious holes in his game, and does pout at times, but im still 100% alright with this. it shows we care and we now have a foundation to build upon

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Mob you're an idiot if you think the Pistons are better off without Drummond than with him.
Either way they blow with or without him

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently Drummond is suppose to be the perfect specimen of a player at age 22, while coming to the league about as raw as you possibly can and playing his first two seasons under a complete joke of a regime. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't know he averaged 16 ppg.  I'm sure most of those points came within 3 feet of the basket, but still.  I didn't think he'd ever be able to score at a consistent rate.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His offense game from year 1 to now is night and day difference. He actually does have post moves, and I see no reason why he can't continue to improve. 

Defensively is where he needs his biggest improvements though. Showed some nice glimpses there though last season. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm never going to value him as much as he deserves if he doesn't shoot at least 60 percent form the line. 35% is ridiculous. You're not a star if you have such a big hole in your game that you have to be benched in the 4th.

Rule changes might benefit him but the point still stands.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well considering we would have been a lottery team without him, I'd still say he is a star. His impact on the game is huge for us. 

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well you were only two games away from the lottery

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think we would've finished around 4th or 5th worst in the East without Drummond. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he's a very good player, but not a star.  Still to many things aside from his free throw shooting that trouble me.

Stray32

Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
I didn't know he averaged 16 ppg.  I'm sure most of those points came within 3 feet of the basket, but still.  I didn't think he'd ever be able to score at a consistent rate.
More by volume than efficiency at this point, he made 44% of his hook shots (more than 300 attempts last year) but its a move he didn't have before and he's come a long way in terms of post moves, including a particularly good ability for someone his size to face up and drive to the rim. Came in very raw so he's come a long way offensively and needs to keep working on his hook shot and develop another reliable move or two

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%