Lakers

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
cmon man hes been pretty much the same guy for 4 years. but is heild even as good as dame? Dame's been a projected star since his summer league and he has not disappointed

As for CJ, i know you didnt mention him but im not sure if he's improved a ton or just got minutes
He averaged 15 a game last april after wes got hurt in only 27 mins
In the playoffs he averaged 17 a game

But either way why are we even talking about hield vs simmons and ingram

Plus, the lakers already have clarkson if they keep him. They badly badly need some length. A "SF"
havent had one in a while

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Saying college seniors don't improve is ignorant

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But not admitting that they clearly have less upside in general is also ignorant

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think that's true either. You're generalizing things to much with that statement.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
There is far less room for improvement and for development, I think is what's trying to be said.

Like, if you compared the Top 7 prospects with each other, most would say that Hield and Murray are the most similar to each other. During the Rookie Showcase game at All Star Weekend, Murray will be 19 and Hield will be 23.

Most people would say that Murray has a lot more room to develop than Hield does. Age definitely matters

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Age does matter, but in a league where we still see guys expanding on their games at 27 years old acting like a guy like Buddy, who is only 22, has severely limited upside is asinine. I'm not saying that to you or cheato, mostly Mexi.

But I would say, and this is completely hypothetical, between their rookie season and the end of the rookie contract, which is what 4 years, if Murray further developed on his game than Buddy, but Buddy is still the better player, than does anyone really care about upside? Like I see juniors in seniors in this class that are going to go after these talented Freshman that have more "upside," but in 4 years that senior is still going to be better than that Freshman, I have no doubt in my mind. So where did all that upside get you? I'd take the guy I project as the better player in 3-5 years.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not like im saying hield shouldnt be a lotto pick.

Lakers would be foolish to pass up ingram or Simmons is what im saying

This is a thread called Lakers btw
Not NBA Draft prospects Discussion

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Of course there are some guys who have greatly improved
Draymond and JJ Redick come to mind

The rest tho pretty much sre what they are, sometimes get a little better with better workout regimens and coaching and systems etc
But they're pretty much impact guys from day 1 which isnt a bad thing at all

I don't even count duncan here but if you want to go for it. Parsons, matthews, damian, roy, george hill, jameer, etc

If you want to take hield 3-5 thats fine. Hes a good prospect and a great shooter. I have no problem with it

The lakers cant pass up on simmons or ingram. This is funny we're even talking about this but 2SG is at it again

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
mexi you dont even watch college..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
i know he's good tho
you hate seniors but you dont pay enough attention to know which seniors can still develop. its all about their personal drive and the system they go to. i wouldnt be afraid to draft a senior.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not before younger guys with higher ceilings

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and higher bust potential

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im not saying that about any of these guys, just speaking in general. drafting a senior or a freshman, shouldnt be that big of a deal.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
im not saying that about any of these guys, just speaking in general. drafting a senior or a freshman, shouldnt be that big of a deal.
its risk reward pugz

If im a bad team, i need to hit a home run. I need a star not a great role player
Im gonna risk it and take a raw giannis over a senior cause he might become a superstar

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea, i pretty much agree with that, but if the senior has the tools to come in and play at a high keep from the start, you can still take him..

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
elcheato said:
But not admitting that they clearly have less upside in general is also ignorant
Why would a college senior have less upside than a freshman?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%