Smackdown going live, brand split announced

Senators26

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll go back to brand exclusive PPVs. Would give each brand more time to build storylines rather than having a PPV every 3-4 weeks. Although I'd rather have both brands represented every PPV since I don't exactly trust the creative staff to come up with good enough storylines to fill up a PPV card with one brand

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you just said how i feel about it. id be alright with brand exclusive ppv's but creative sucks so..

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
According to Meltzer we might be getting a second world title back which some people may not like but I think it's great news

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Actually just realized this means Vince can have both Reigns and Cena as champion at the same time.... fuck

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they go full on brand split they have to bring back another world title at some point. No real incentive tor the wrestlers to wrestle if there isn't a title.

At least we know that it's most likely going to be the big gold, so at least it won't be a shtty looking belt.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they do have a title. two titles. make them mean something again.

im not complaining about a second world title, but would be nice to see the us/ic elevated to possible main event status.

lilbravesfan22

Reaction score
We will see if this makes me watch Smackdown. I guess it will. Been watching wrestling again for like 3-4 years and haven't watched Smackdown once. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Not even after last year's rumble when raw got snowed out?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i only watched smackdown when aj debuted. other than that, i never remember lol

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I watched Smackdown with Teddy Long and The Undatakah

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Problem is that they already unified The WHC and WWE championship not to long ago lol.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The past never really matters

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I fucking hate brand splits. I miss the days of seeing Raw angles forwarded along via Smackdown. 

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The draft will happen on July 11th on Raw in Detroit. Brock Lesnar is being advertised for the show as well.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
wonder if they call any nxt chaps up

Big Bid'Ness said:

Probably not the big names. Then the roster would be depleted lol.
I think they're basically going to turn Smackdown into NXT, and turn NXT back into an actual developmental brand (no touring). 

And yea, Cena makes more sense on Smackdown than Reigns, so that seems logical. He's already big enough to where going on the secondary show won't hurt his brand. He'll most likely be the first world title holder to drive to drive ratings, but we've seen him drop a few matches clean lately, so I think he'd drop the title a couple months after getting it to an up and comer. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:

I think they're basically going to turn Smackdown into NXT, and turn NXT back into an actual developmental brand (no touring). 

And yea, Cena makes more sense on Smackdown than Reigns, so that seems logical. He's already big enough to where going on the secondary show won't hurt his brand. He'll most likely be the first world title holder to drive to drive ratings, but we've seen him drop a few matches clean lately, so I think he'd drop the title a couple months after getting it to an up and comer. 
Just like he did with the US title right

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He lost clean to Owens and Del Rio. Not his fault that the WWE picked someone as dull as Del Rio to take the belt off him. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He lost clean to Owens but he made damn sure he not only won the feud but also made Owens tap in the middle of the damn ring

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And yet Owens still gets big reactions, and my guess is he wins the MITB. His feud with Cena was great for him. He beat him clean in his first WWE match, regardless of what happened after, he has that. 

Not to mention you said there was no shot Owens would beat Cena at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%