Official MMA Talk Thread

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No he tapped. You don't just touch the top of his arm while in an armbar. He might of done it a bit premature, but he tapped.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No he tapped. You don't just touch the top of his arm while in an armbar. He might of done it a bit premature, but he tapped.

I definitely agree. even though it was only once (which is normally done in training), it was a tap..

good for Amir - he reminds me alot of Forrest, too.. should be fun to watch him

I'm also glad Diego looked dominant.. been a fan of since day one

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was kinda disapointed that the Cale Yarbrough-Tim Credeur got canceled. I really wanted to see that fight.

djhipp

Reaction score
but he tapped.
Nah, you and the rest of the world are just blind :D Still think CB got screwed-last couple years the guy everyone said was the best all season won, so they wanted the "underdog" Amir to win. Did you see CB's reaction? You'd no if you tapped, obviously he didnt tap.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah, you and the rest of the world are just blind :D Still think CB got screwed-last couple years the guy everyone said was the best all season won, so they wanted the "underdog" Amir to win. Did you see CB's reaction? You'd no if you tapped, obviously he didnt tap.
No he was saving face. He brought a cocky attitude and couldn't bring it. So when he tapped he made it quick. Did you see how he complained to the fans and cameras not to the ref? That's because he knew he lost, but he didn't want the fans to think Amir was better. So he made some controversy.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the replay is OBVIOUS.. no doubt..

you're actually blind if you DIDN'T see it LOL

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Amir is your ultimate fighter, and it was well deserved. Not only did he make CB submit once, he did it twice. He really reminds me of Forrest. A guy that is tough as crap, and makes the best of his situations. Also he's a funny dude.

He is one of my favorites from this season, (with Matt Brown, and CB)
Agreed. Amir is funny, humble, and has great heart.

I definitely agree. even though it was only once (which is normally done in training), it was a tap..

good for Amir - he reminds me alot of Forrest, too.. should be fun to watch him

I'm also glad Diego looked dominant.. been a fan of since day one
Luigi looked REALLY good to though. Stopping the take downs, getting up...etc.

I was kinda disapointed that the Cale Yarbrough-Tim Credeur got canceled. I really wanted to see that fight.
Eh...I think Tim would of won easily, but I still wanted to see it.

No he was saving face. He brought a cocky attitude and couldn't bring it. So when he tapped he made it quick. Did you see how he complained to the fans and cameras not to the ref? That's because he knew he lost, but he didn't want the fans to think Amir was better. So he made some controversy.
I think he actually was gonna tap, so he tapped once, then he was like wait no I don't want to tap so he stopped. But that 1 tap is still a tap. However I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't much of a "war" like they were saying, but I really like how Amir won. He's just a great guy. Also hopefully the loss helps CB out with all his cockiness.

I also wanted to see Gerald Harris fight, and Evan Tanner really disappointed me.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't fight, but I kinda want to try it.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've done the workout for Muay Thai/BJJ... yes, it is DEFINITELY a workout

Splangla Sploosh

Reaction score
Haha yea. I used to do 2 work outs a day but then I started doing some summer football stuff. But still, one work out a day is enough for me. My record boxing is 9-3 so far.

bodawg

Reaction score
So, I guess Forrest is the new Light Heavyweight champion? Who knew? I guess I did, huh?

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I want the crack those judges were smoking. How do you have Forest by 2-3 points?!?! I really want to know this. Rampage clearly won rounds 1 and 4, as Forrest clearly won round 2. IMO Rampage won 3 because he was causing a whole lot more damage to Forrest, and actually landed more then Forrest. Forrest just threw a whole lot more punches. 5th I gave to Forrest, but it was very close.

It was complete crap, Forrest even knew he lost. He was walking away when the name was being announced. If he didn't believe he won, how do the Judges believe that?

djhipp

Reaction score
I still havent even tried to watch the fight. I know I'd be mad at the judging which imo has been horrible as of late. I dont even need too see footage to agree with JH5, im that sure Rampage prolly deserved to win and UFC just wanted a new champion.

.::MC::.

WeOutHearCuh
Reaction score
I watched the fight, I had Forrest winning it. He did take some damage, but he was really messing Rampage up in the earlier rounds. I think it could of gone either way. I was just stoked when Forrest won, been a fan of his since since season one of "The Ultimate Fighter".

.::MC::.

WeOutHearCuh
Reaction score
I watched the fight, I had Forrest winning it. He did take some damage, but he was really messing Rampage up in the earlier rounds. I think it could of gone either way. I was just stoked when Forrest won, been a fan of his since since season one of "The Ultimate Fighter".

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only round he did anything was round 2.

djhipp

Reaction score
Anyone watch Affliction Banned or Silva vs Irvin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%