Hall of Fame 2018 Tracker

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Although its a small sample size of only 10 known public votes, still crazy to see Bonds at 80% and Clemens at 100% so far. This could be the year.

catman

Reaction score
89 votes in.  
Vlad, Hoffman, Chipper, Edgar, and Thome have over 75% on these ballots.  Bonds, Clemens, Mussina and Schilling are close.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Schilling has the numbers, the hardware, and the big moments that put him into the HOF, easy. HOF is about contributions to the game, not how much the outside world thinks you're an asshole after you retire. If we're going to make "undesirables" ineligible, then might as well pull out Ty Cobb, Steve Carlton, and Eddie Murray.

brett05

Reaction score
AE. said:
Schilling has the numbers, the hardware, and the big moments that put him into the HOF, easy. HOF is about contributions to the game, not how much the outside world thinks you're an asshole after you retire. If we're going to make "undesirables" ineligible, then might as well pull out Ty Cobb, Steve Carlton, and Eddie Murray.
Ty Cobb stuff is a myth.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
no he doesnt

AE. said:

If Tom Glavine is in, Schilling definitely needs to be because he's better than Glavine in everything besides innings pitched.  People overlook Schilling on the all-time strikeouts list as well.  He's top 20 in the all-time strikeout list, and just think if he was healthy enough to pitch a couple more seasons.

If Schilling doesn't get in, someone should be fired.  He's right up there with Pedro on the strikeout list.

If we're going to screw the steroid guys, don't screw the clean guys who deserve it.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
and were sure Schilling was clean?
Pudge got in with the same “are we sure” cloud above his career

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
and were sure Schilling was clean?
Well, he's innocent until proven wrong in my book.  Look at the ballot and see the "proven" fake guys that were in Reports and haven't lived up to it.

At least Piazza and others admitted to it... Bonds, Clemens, A-Roid- they can't even admit when they've tested out as using steroids.  Where is Schilling's positive test?

You could theoretically say "and you're sure this person is clean?" to everyone, but you have to base that conclusion over something and I use positive test results to do that.  I can understand a one-time or someone who admits to it after wrongful use once r twice, but the trend of guys roiding for years is what's a problem.

Schilling has spoken out against roid users as he's done with his mouth with everything.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Well, he's innocent until proven wrong in my book.  Look at the ballot and see the "proven" fake guys that were in Reports and haven't lived up to it.

At least Piazza and others admitted to it... Bonds, Clemens, A-Roid- they can't even admit when they've tested out as using steroids.  Where is Schilling's positive test?

You could theoretically say "and you're sure this person is clean?" to everyone, but you have to base that conclusion over something and I use positive test results to do that.  I can understand a one-time or someone who admits to it after wrongful use once r twice, but the trend of guys roiding for years is what's a problem.

Schilling has spoken out against roid users as he's done with his mouth with everything.
Let's correct error here.
1)  Piazza admitted to andro, big difference
2)  Bonds said he took the clear
3)  Clemens never failed a test
4)  A-rod failed and admitted and apologized

5)  SCHILLING FOR HOF!

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
brett05 said:
Let's correct error here.
1)  Piazza admitted to andro, big difference
2)  Bonds said he took the clear
3)  Clemens never failed a test
4)  A-rod failed and admitted and apologized

5)  SCHILLING FOR HOF!
Clemens was in the Mitchell Report, which serves as proof in my opinion. Not sure how accurate your others are or what you mean by Bonds taking the clear.

Pizza I'm actually in defense of, which you seem to confirm as well.

A-Rod lied long before he admitted it.

catman

Reaction score
David Ortiz was mentioned in the Mitchell Report also.
The "clear" was supposed to be an undetectable steroid.  

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
catman said:
David Ortiz was mentioned in the Mitchell Report also.
The "clear" was supposed to be an undetectable steroid.  
I get that, and I'm not doubting him, but there are stories about Clemens using roids several times. Maybe Ortiz did too, I'm not going to deny it, but until something gets leaked, I know it as one time for Ortiz.

The more I hear, Clemens seems like a nasty guy.

brett05

Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Clemens was in the Mitchell Report, which serves as proof in my opinion. Not sure how accurate your others are or what you mean by Bonds taking the clear.

Pizza I'm actually in defense of, which you seem to confirm as well.

A-Rod lied long before he admitted it.
Clear is a type of steroid.
Ortiz is out for you on his failed test in like 2009?
All players that have apologized initially lie about it in some fashion.

How anyone can be so naive to think a player tried something once, and stopped is a logically step I can't take.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I remember correct, a lot of major players tested positive for PEDs during what was supposed to be a confidential, fact-finding drug test. Big Papi was one of them.

catman

Reaction score
The names in the Mitchell report were never supposed to be released to the public.  Unfortunately, someone leaked quite a few of them.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
catman said:
The names in the Mitchell report were never supposed to be released to the public.  Unfortunately, someone leaked quite a few of them.
The Mitchell Report cited a test MLB gave around 2003, I think...a test to find out whether or not PED use was a problem. Players were told the test and its results were 100% confidential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%