Pharoah Mock Draft

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1 Los Angeles : Goff, Jared – QB, California
I don't see it but then again, I'm an SEC guy and certainly no paid NFL scout. The Rams gave up a lot believing both Goff and Wentz are something special. I would personally take Wentz here but I understand a little more of Goff's appeal. You can't win a flag football game without a capable quarterback so there's no faulting the Rams for acquiring the pick, if they truly believe Goff can be their guy. If they're right, this is one of the greatest draft moves in recent memory.

2 Philadelphia: Wentz, Carson – QB, North Dakota State
Again, I cannot fault a team for gambling on a could-be franchise QB but it doesn't make too much sense when they have so much guaranteed money already tied into two guys already on the roster. Donovan McNabb was once brought in to replace Doug Pederson; so its not like signing Bradford eliminates the potential for Wentz to take over the offense late this year or early next. Bradford does have some trade value if he can stay healthy and produce decent numbers in a more stable Eagles' offense. As for Wentz, I personally worry about his jump from FCS defenses to the NFL.

3 San Diego: Tunsil, Laremy – OT, Mississippi
Jalen Ramsey wouldn't surprise me here but I just don't believe the Chargers are as high on him as others. In today's league, max protection is far more important that a defensive back. Pass rush is the key to stopping an opponent's passing attack. The Chargers led the league in pass attempts last season, all while giving up some 40 sacks. The Chargers have spent some money on both OT positions the past couple years but they have also struggled with injury and depth issues. The Chargers need to keep Phillip Rivers protected while they squeeze every ounce of football he's got left in him.

4 Dallas: Ramsey, Jalen – CB, Florida State
Jerry can't resist a DB with a ton of hype and makes the wrong choice here. As I said before, the pass rush is key to disrupting the opposition's passing attack so I'm taking Bosa here. But Dallas hasn't drafted well since...(?)...and they go into the season making a foolish decision to rely on Randy Gregory in one of their edge rusher spots.

5 Jacksonville : Bosa, Joey – DE, Ohio State
Jacksonville races to the podium to make this pick. Top priority for this club is a pass rusher and who better than Bosa? Myles Jack has been mocked here but his knee is reportedly a time bomb and the Jags can't risk a situation in which their last pair of top picks are hobbled. Bosa's versatility meshes well with a defense ranked No. 31 in the NFL in points allowed in 2015.

6 Baltimore: Jack, Myles – LB, UCLA
It'll be interesting to see Ozzie Newsome out of his comfort zone in drafting so high. The Ravens also need to address the pass rush after the loss of Suggs in 2015 saw their defensive pressure disappear. Suggs will be back but neither he or Elvis Dumervil are getting any younger. There is some concerns regarding the durability of Jack's knees but its speculation at this point.

7 San Francisco: Buckner, DeForest – DE, Oregon
Chip Kelly's 49ers cannot pass up a speedy defender from Oregon at this spot. San Francisco needs to replace a lot of pop from their defense with some key early retirements. Bucker has the strength to play the interior D-Line spots and the speed to line up at DE or OLB.

8 Cleveland: Stanley, Ronnie – OT, Notre Dame
The team desperately needs a RT and Stanley is a top notch talent. Stanley is actually favored by some over Tunsil; believe it or not. The plan would be to start Stanley at RT and then slide him to LT about the time Joe Thomas becomes a cap casualty. Ezekiel Elliott is a logical pick here but the Browns seem a little smarter heading into this draft. They will wisely look to strengthen their offensive and defensive fronts and improve depth with their stockpile of picks.

9 Tampa Bay: Floyd, Leonard – LB, Georgia
Forget Hargreaves here. The Bucs brought in Brent Grimes and Josh Robinson to add to Alterraun Verner and Brandon Banks. They'll give a new coaching staff a chance to rejuvenate the secondary with those already in place. What the Bucs really need is another edge rusher; someone to compliment Gerald McCoy. Floyd isn't a logical fit for the 4-3 scheme but that won't stop Tampa from finding ways to get him applying pressure to the likes of Cam Newton and Drew Brees.

10 New York: Conklin, Jack – OT, Michigan State
The Giants promoted Bob McAdoo to head coach in order to keep Eli happy and avoid any major, offensive transitions. Preserving Eli is a priority so adding a LT at pick 10 makes a ton of sense. The Giants spent some money during FA to improve the defensive side of the ball and the loss of Will Beatty opens up a starting spot for Conklin.

11 Chicago: Hargreaves, Vernon – CB, Florida
The Bears defense has been pretty bad in recent seasons and they to this draft with CB as a big priority. The "shut down corner" may actually cease to exist in this era of the NFL but if any 2016 draftee comes close to meeting that standard, it's Hargreaves. Chicago has a lot of pressure to make a big pick with the draft in their backyard again and Vernon is a big time player that should appease those Bears fans in attendance.

12 New Orleans: Lawson, Shaq – DE, Clemson
The Saints opt for Lawson after missing out on Hargreaves. ElI Apple remains a possibility but New Orleans needs to find Cam Jordan a new partner on the pass rush. Junior Galette was cut during the offseason but Lawson has the power and speed to be an effective 3-4 OLB.

13 Miami: Elliott, Ezekiel – RB, Ohio State
The Dolphins remain committed to Ryan Tannehill and the best thing they can do for him is bring in a legit running back. Elliott not only brings the explosiveness to the backfield but he's a viable target in the passing game. Miami has done a lot to shore up the defense in recent years so its time to get back to fixing the offense.

14 Oakland: Apple, Eli – CB, Ohio State
I like Oakland to trade back as they took care of a bunch of needs via free agency and may not be in love with a pick here. What the Raiders do need is another safety but that's something they can trade back for and still get their guy. If they have to pick, I'll say Apple. The Raiders had one of the worse CB tandems in the league last season and it hasn't been addressed. Apple's stock has certainly shot up in recent weeks.

15 Tennessee: Decker, Taylor – OT, Ohio State
A slight reach but I'd say the Titans have made out quite alright this draft season. Taylor Lewan is still expected to be the LT so Decker is a very safe pick halfway through the 1st round. Tennessee could use some defense here so don't be shocked if they opt for a pass rusher they really like.

16 Detroit: Rankins, Sheldon – DT, Louisville
Rankins might be the best player available here but he fills a position of great need. Long before Detroit witnessed Megatron's early retirement, they let Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairely leave via free agency. Haloti Ngata is aging fast.

17 Atlanta: Reed, Jarran – DT, Alabama
Rankins would've been ideal but Reed is not too shabby of a consolation prize. Either way the Falcons defense is still keeping them out of the postseason. Reed will bring a lot of power and help compliment Vic Beasley.

18 Indianapolis: Spence, Noah – DE, Eastern Kentucky
The Colts may move up to secure an OT but in this scenario, they opt to address their LB corps. Trent Cole and Robert Mathis are in the twilight or their careers and Spence looks to fit the Indy defensive scheme well. Spence is a top 10 talent without some previous, off the field drama.

19 Buffalo: Lee, Darron – LB, Ohio State
Darron Lee is undersized but packs a punch. I think he intrigues the Ryan brothers enough to bring him to Buffalo and scheme him in. Reggie Ragland may be a better option but the Bills ultimately need something explosive from the LB corps this season.

20 New York: Ragland, Reggie – LB, Alabama
The Jets need an ILB and defensive playmaker perhaps more than another QB. The team hasn't given up on re-signing Ryan Fitzpatrick, they haven't given up on Geno Smith's prospect, and they do like Bryce Petty. Ragland was a leader at Alabama and always seemed to be around the ball.

21 Washington: Kelly, Ryan – C, Alabama
This was William Jackson until Josh Norman suddenly became a free agent. Washington's biggest need is now at center and Ryan Kelly is clearly the best of his class. If not Kelly, then look for the Redskins to go ILB or DT.

22 Houston: Fuller, Will – WR, Notre Dame
Will Fuller has emerged as the best WR in the class due his well-known speed and an excellent combine. Fuller's hands were the biggest issue but he showed teams at the combine that he is rapidly improving. He's the perfect candidate to compliment DeAndre Hopkins while stretching the field.

23 Minnesota: Treadwell, Laquon – WR, Mississippi
The Vikings aren't in love with the WR class at this stage of the draft and may look to trade down. Michael Thomas or Joshua Doctson in late-1st or early 2nd round makes a lot of sense. I'll stick with Treadwell here because of his size and the type of player he is. Treadwell's speed was underwhelming at the combine but he runs better than those similar in size. He's a red zone threat and is a very good stalk-blocker.

24 Cincinnati: Doctson, Josh – WR, TCU
The Bengals need to get Andy Dalton back on the right track, a track that requires weapons. Doctson is athletic and acrobatic. He lacks separation speed to beat the elite corners but in Cincy, the elite corners are covering AJ Green anyways.

25 Pittsburgh: Fuller, Kendall – CB, Virginia Tech
The Steelers need a CB bad and they apparently wanted to draft Kevin Johnson last year. Johnson was already off the board but the good news is Fuller is a very similar type of player and very available at pick 25. Quick, athletic, and has good cover instincts.

26 Seattle: Robinson, A'Shawn – DT, Alabama
Seattle needs another interior rusher after the loss of Brandon Mebane. Robinson's stock isn't as high more because some question his desire to play the game. This is where I like Pete Carroll, the ultimate motivator, to get the most out of A'Shawn. He is very versatile and a fantastic run stuffer.

27 Green Bay: Billings, Andrew – DT, Baylor
Green Bay will try like hell to trade out of this spot. If they stick, I like Billings to come in and try to replace some of the void left by BJ Raji's sudden exodus.

28 Kansas City: Lynch, Paxton – QB, Memphis
Alex Smith's career will start to wind down and now is the time to groom his successor. Not having to be thrust onto the field as a rookie (or sophomore) may see Lynch end up the best quarterback in this draft class soon enough.

29 Arizona: Jackson III, William – CB, Houston
This is Ryan Kelly if he's still on the board. Assuming he's gone, the Cards lunge at the chance to put the long and athletic Jackson on the other side of the field from Patrick Peterson. Many have Jackson as a mid-1st round talent.

30 Carolina: Ogbah, Emmanuel – DE, Oklahoma State
Carolina would've loved to get Jackson on board but he's gone. Time will tell exactly where Ogbah fits into their scheme but he's the versatile type of super athlete the Panthers love to gain on the defensive side of the ball.

31 Denver: Jones, Chris – DT, Mississippi State
If Denvery hasn't traded up for Lynch by now, they look to address another need, Malik Jackson left via FA and Chris Jones is brought in to fill the gap. Jones is a 1st round talent in the right system, a system Denver has to offer. Reaching for Connor Cook this early would be a panic move and there's too many character concerns with Nkemdiche.

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
I strongly Disagree that the Chiefs take Lynch there. If they want him they should move down. (If he's even still there) Elliot fell a bit far I think, someone would trade up if he started a slide that big. I don't see San Diego going O-Line either, but I do like some picks here. Bengals with Docston isn't terrible, personally I'd rather us take Thomas in Round 2 though.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
Chargers would take Ronnie Stanley before they take Tunsil. I want Ramsey or Buckner tho

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bengals1fan said:
I strongly Disagree that the Chiefs take Lynch there. If they want him they should move down. (If he's even still there) Elliot fell a bit far I think, someone would trade up if he started a slide that big. I don't see San Diego going O-Line either, but I do like some picks here. Bengals with Docston isn't terrible, personally I'd rather us take Thomas in Round 2 though.
This draft is one of the more unpredictable in recent memory. Its easier to match players with teams but not necessarily where the marriage happens. I foresee a lot of teams moving up and down the board in round 1. I'm not as high on Zeke as most. I think pass rush is the priority for most teams and outside of Miami, Cleveland, and Dallas, I don't see teams with an immediate need for RB. I think Dallas goes Ramsey or Bosa in round 1 and ends up with Derrick Henry on day 2.

I'll agree Cincy moving down for Thomas (or Coleman) is better than Doctson in round 1. I actually think Doctson can be had in round 2, easy. None of these WRs are overwhelming day 1 picks. Too many project to be #2 possession types.

Cloud 9 said:
Chargers would take Ronnie Stanley before they take Tunsil. I want Ramsey or Buckner tho
Not quite ready to jump onto the Stanley over Tunsil bandwagon but I get it. Tunsil's attitude and character is eerily similar to an Albert Haynesworth. I've gone back and forth with the Chargers' pick but finally settled on the idea they'll give Rivers so max protection and one more legit crack at the playoffs before thinking about turning a page.

Reaction score
I really want to see Myles Jack fall to the Vikings to complete UCLA LB trifecta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%