Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We will be starting our 6th annual SI player rankings.  

Don't be afraid to share your opinion, whether it's a popular one or not.  We will once again be going 10 spots deep at all 5 positions.

Please remember these two things, please vote on the polls and vote for the best player, don't be a homer.  Most of the polls will be open 24 hours, but if the first place vote getter gets 5 or more votes than the second vote getter than I will close the thread if I'm around. 

Remember, this is based on who is currently the best player, not who has the potential to be the best.  Who would you take today?

2016 SI C Rankings
1) DeMarcus Cousins
2) Karl-Anthony Towns
3) Marc Gasol
4) Al Horford
5) DeAndre Jordan
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2015 SI C Rankings

2014 SI C Rankings
Incomplete

2013 SI C Rankings

2012 SI C Rankings
Incomplete

2011 SI C Rankings

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I kind of did some more research and it drove me to a change of heart, yesterday I said I would take Andre over Whiteside but I'm choosing Whiteside.

There were a couple things that stood out to me, defense at the rim for example, where Drummond allowed a nearly 7% higher success rate.  Whitesides ability to block shots, 9.7% to just 3.2% for Drummond, while not fouling at a significantly higher rate (4.9 fouls for Whiteside to 4.6 for Drummond per 100 possessions).  Whiteside is a SIGNIFICANTLY better PnR defender, ranking in the top 65th percentile, while Drummond was a hair lower than the 10th percentile.  That drives something I've been saying since we started these ratings, Drummond just isn't very instinctive nor smart.

The biggest thing though?  I knew this, but it completely slipped my mind yesterday, free throw rate.  Whiteside converted a solid 65% from the line this season, while Drummond was a league worst 35.5%.  If the above stats didn't sway my opinion, that surely did. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
That's why I was questioning you back when I said that lol

You can have an argument, while I don't merit it strong, of Drummond over DeAndre Jordan because Drummond is a much better low post scorer and an equal rebounder.

But Whiteside is literally the same player as Drummond with a significantly better block numbers and has more range, plus can hit FTs

Drummond will be #7 but there is no argument for him over Whiteside other than "I'm a Pistons fan"

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Not that I truly value his opinion (no offense lol), but the fact that bosox is constantly voting against a Uconn player is pretty damning for Drummond IMO

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'll never forgive him for taking a turnaround 15' fadeaway during the Big East tournament v Syracuse

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
And saying you don't value my opinion, but no offense is quite oxymoronical

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no offense, but you're the biggest fucking retard on the face of the earth and should probably be euthanized. 

no offense

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Hurricane Season said:
no offense, but you're the biggest fucking retard on the face of the earth and should probably be euthanized. 

no offense
That was a double negative so it's obviously offense

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bump. Could use a few more votes please.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Currently tied. bump

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seriously... come on now. There are more than 7 people active on the forums. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess I'll break the tie and go for Whiteside.

Both are great, but I'll give Whiteside the edge based on free throw shooting.  Hack-a strategies have made players like Drummond damn near unplayable for extended periods of time, so when the two are as close as they are, I'll give the edge to the better free throw shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%