Sapp to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After over a decade as one of the NFL's most prolific defensive tackles, Warren Sapp has informed owner Al Davis that he plans to retire. Sapp told the Contra Costa that he spoke with Davis via telephone on Thursday.

The 7-time Pro Bowler, 1999 AP Defensive Player of the Year, and Super Bowl Champion credits age as the primary reason for his exit. "You get a little older, you can see your weaknesses a little bit more and go about 45-50 plays now," Sapp said late in the NFL season. "But there's still some good gas in the tank and I'm still able to make the plays."

After an illustrious career in Tampa Bay, which included 5 trips to the post-season, Sapp went to Oakland and saw his production steadily decline. Sapp managed 10 sacks in the 2006 but only managed 2 during the NFL season. The Oakland Raiders allowed a league worst 4.8 yards per carry.

Sapp finishes his career with 96 1/2 sacks. -AE

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
really funny guy.. hope he gets into broadcasting. reminds me a bit of the Chuckster of Football - tells it like it is, and fat.. :)

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He;s like that fat guy on NFL Network, sucks to see him go.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dang...would of liked to see him get to 100. But its probably for the best.

bulls12

Reaction score
Jamie Dukes?

yeah anyways this story doesn't surprise me that much. the Raiders need to make space for newer and younger guys to fill in.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Ah, hes getting up there so I guess it is time to go. Hes a great player though.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think that's Lincoln Kennedy. Another former Raider. You all know damn well ESPN will scoop up Sapp as fast as they can too. He will take Parcells' spot next to Keyshawn.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think that's Lincoln Kennedy. Another former Raider. You all know damn well ESPN will scoop up Sapp as fast as they can too. He will take Parcells' spot next to Keyshawn.
Yeah, thats his name. I thought it was Kennedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%