• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,489 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:16 AM

SB Nation - According to reports, six teams are vying to sign the pitcher. Once the MLB Draft is over after June 5, teams will no longer need to give up a draft pick to sign Keuchel, and analysts are expecting that the veteran lefty will be fielding various offers from clubs.

Both the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays have already been reported to have interest in Keuchel, but new reports suggest that the Minnesota Twins, Atlanta Braves, Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals could all be in the mix as well. These contending teams believe that Keuchel is the piece that could push them over the top.

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 56,968 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

Still blows my mind that he and Kimbrel are on the market still. Baseball free agency really has taken a turn.

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

Mexi: SI's #1 Iman Shumpert Fan

Remember, rockets are doing this without Shumpert

No shumpert no problem lets go

No shump, no faried, no problem again

Lets go

#3 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,489 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:21 PM

I think it's also an issue of Boras clients not budging too much on their demands. I feel like player demands got way out of hand in recent years.

These guys should get signed but they can't expect big deals at this point

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#4 OFFLINE   catman

catman

• 851 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

Of the 2, I think Kimbrel has the most to offer.  He is a known commodity who should be well rested and won't need much to get back into baseball shape.  Kuechel has been declining for the past few seasons and who knows what the team will get from him?

#5 OFFLINE   bosoxlover12

bosoxlover12

• Technical Moderator
  • 36,023 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

I think it's also an issue of Boras clients not budging too much on their demands. I feel like player demands got way out of hand in recent years.

These guys should get signed but they can't expect big deals at this point

Sure they will. It's not the financial number that teams are scared of.

MLB needs to re-structure their FA format. Teams don't want to spend the $$ on the player because then they lose the 1st round draft pick too. Eliminate that policy and no way Dallas or Kimbrel are still available. I can see the Yankees even giving Keuchel $18M+ too; its not the money issue

#6 OFFLINE   GMF1991

GMF1991

Shocking The World

• Head Administrator
  • 34,489 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 07:53 AM

Sure they will. It's not the financial number that teams are scared of.

MLB needs to re-structure their FA format. Teams don't want to spend the $$ on the player because then they lose the 1st round draft pick too. Eliminate that policy and no way Dallas or Kimbrel are still available. I can see the Yankees even giving Keuchel $18M+ too; its not the money issue

I agree. And it was an awful idea intended to keep players on small market teams but it's just causing good players to be stuck as free agents.

But I do think it's a combination of multiple financial issues - teams and the media are heavily looking at WAR and they'd rather take a chance on some guy being called up from the minors than spending 18m a year on Keuchel.

That and the luxury tax. It's a lot of things, not just one.

Ceap63JW4AA82v_.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   CameronCrazy06

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six

• Hall of Fame
  • 56,968 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:42 AM

Sounds like hes going to the braves

CC's career is done here. the kid takes NO input at all and everything he does is "top secret". shit, he doesnt even post here since his whole fbb shit. fuck him

Mexi: SI's #1 Iman Shumpert Fan

Remember, rockets are doing this without Shumpert

No shumpert no problem lets go

No shump, no faried, no problem again

Lets go

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MLB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 10 user(s)

GMOTY, snipezo, Big Bid'Ness, Teagz, catman, bosoxlover12, BrewCrewFan, CameronCrazy06, The Guid, GMF1991

Social Media

Site Info