Brown Fired

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
LOL
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8610888/los-angeles-lakers-fired-coach-mike-brown-source-says

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol damn, going with the Princeton offense was such a fail.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
Lol damn. Going with the Princeton offense was such a fail.
The Princeton isn't even that much different than the triangle. Their terrible defense combined with poor passing is the reason they are losing. They simply aren't comfortable with the Princeton yet, specifically the Lakers bench. Also, Dwight's post up game has been awful so far. If the Lakers can perfect the Princeton it will be a solid fit.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Didnt even give the dude a chance....

Lakers front office is fucking up. Now you bring in a whole new coach/coaching staff and delay the chemistry even longer...

Now of they go an hire D'Antoni, then we really know their FO has lost their mind.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol this is comical, way to freak out.

ITS OBAMAS FAULT THO

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
jerry sloan. they need a big name coach who can handle egos. i dont think they go with dantoni. they also needed to do this because he was never the right guy for that job.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with you there Pugz when you say he wasnt the right hire... I felt the same way when he was chosen..

But Idk how well Sloan would do with Kobe... idk why, but they seem to me, like the type to bump heads..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
whats that?

Phil, Brown, then D'antoni for the Lakers? lol

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
The Lakers should have sent Pau for Josh Smith. Really. With Smith at the 4, this offense that Mike was trying to run would have worked a lot better.

Brown wasn't the right hire, but it wasn't time to fire him yet, either. This is not moving forward for LAL. This is two to three steps back. Miami gave Spoelstra enough time to make it work (when he's not exactly a great coach, either). Brown should have been given the time.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
On another note, and this just shows you how lowly I think of Kevin McHale, but I'd take Mike Brown in an instant over him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You talk like he's a bad coach.. He's won season records/division titles before.. Mchale has done nothing.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
You talk like he's a bad coach.. He's won season records/division titles before.. Mchale has done nothing.
I think Mike Brown is one hell of a basketball head coach. What I'm saying is, as a fan of a team with one of the worst coaches in basketball, I wouldn't even blink to substitute Mike Brown in for him.

I'm basically saying this because of how lowly most people seem to think of Mike. Something I've never thought made any sense.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i need that achievement.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
But Idk how well Sloan would do with Kobe... idk why, but they seem to me, like the type to bump heads..
I agree. Sloan has been the type to try and suppress egos in the past, not the type to mangage them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%