Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Did a break down of every single sack Suh has this season

Sack 1

Came against Jay Cutler and Chicago in Week 1

This was rather bizarre and I'm shocked he was credited with a sack.

Anyway, Cutler gets chased out of the pocket by former probowler Kyle Vanden Bosch and third round pick Cliff Avril. He scrambles to the right side of the field. Suh pursues.

Finally Suh chases him out

Suh is credited with a -1 yard sack on the play.

Sack 2

Came against the Michael Vick led Eagles

Facing one on one blocking Suh does a phenominal job of beating the guard and getting to Vick.
He showed a mean streak by ripping Vick to the ground by the facemask drawing a 15 yard flag

Sack 3

Came against All-Pro Aaron Rodgers

DE's Cliff Avril and Kyle Vanden Bosch get great jumps and force the tackles back onto Rodgers.

Suh is facing off 1-on-1 with a guard to the left of the center.

Rodgers scrambles forward in the pocket to escape the ends right into the waiting arms of Suh.

Sacks 4 and .5

Sack 3.5 was a split between Suh and Captain Kyle Vanden Bosch

Suh is 1 on 1 with a guard.

Both Suh and Vanden Bosch (who is facing off against the left tackle) get a great jump off the ball. Vanden Bosch beats Suh to the QB but Suh is there to lay down the equalizer on the vagina that is Eli Manning.

Sack 4.5 also came against Eli Manning.

This is a blitz play. Suh is one on one with the guard (circled). The Lions bring their safety.

Both DEs get tremendous pressure and the safety jumps into the air in an attempt to beat the blitz pick up by RB Ahmad Bradshaw. Vagina (Eli) is surrounded in the pocket and takes his eyes away from downfield.

In attempt to escape the pressure, Eli scrambles forward in the pocket into the waiting arms of Suh.

Sacks 5.5 and 6.5

Both these sacks came against Donovan McNabb, although Suh also did score a DTD on a strip sack by Kyle Vanden Bosch.

On this play Suh is one on one against a guard. He uses a swim move to beat the one on one and smothers McNabb in the pocket.

On this next sack, the lighting quick Cliff Avril embarrasses the RT and is on McNabb quick.

Suh starts out in a 2 point stance.

In a desperate attempt to escape Cliff Avril, McNabb scrambles forward in the pocket into the waiting arms of Suh.

...So, all but 1.5 sacks were caused by DE pressure.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I believe its called a team game....

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see the point of this lol.
Are you trying to say he isn't talented and only cause our ends are good is why his production is what it is?
Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Reaction score
Well do you expect the Defensive Ends to sit there and let Suh try to get sacks himself?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
This isn't me ripping Suh, Jesus Christ.

All I'm saying is that his success should be expected, he has great ends to help him, and he's set up to get sacks.

Holy God just calm the <Censored> down.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
...So, all but 1.5 sacks were caused by DE pressure.
Sounds like you are trying to degrade his skills..

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
What I'm saying is exactly what I said in the above post.

His success is supposed to happen because the Lions got him very good help. We all know damn well if he played on the Bills he wouldn't have the same success. He's in a system to get sacks, which is his job.

I'm just pointing out the obvious, his success is because he has great lineman around him.

Reaction score
Not saying your ripping Suh Blake, but our Ends are very good and our DTs just suck and can't get any sacks at all, so Suh must be doing something right.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
That's not what is expected of them. What don't you understand? They run a Tampa-2 style defense, they don't have Warren Sapp, they're there to get slight pressure, freeing up the ends and other blitzers and not get thrown on there ass in the situation of a run...

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Suh is amazing, he just charges through the line and pushes back two offensive lineman at once, he makes the DE's job easier as well.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You still need to be good to beat the guys guarding you. The help can only do you so much.

Stop hating dude, your clearly mad.

Reaction score
That's not what is expected of them. What don't you understand? They run a Tampa-2 style defense, they don't have Warren Sapp, they're there to get slight pressure, freeing up the ends and other blitzers and not get thrown on there ass in the situation of a run...

We ain't the same as the Dungy Tampa 2 teams we blitz a lot more now, but still similar in most aspects.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
We ain't the same as the Dungy Tampa 2 teams we blitz a lot more now, but still similar in most aspects.
Like I said, there job in that situation is to occupy as many lineman to free up blitzers.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
You still need to be good to beat the guys guarding you. The help can only do you so much.

Stop hating dude, your clearly mad.
I'm pointing out the obvious, if you look at all of his sacks, they all came on one-on-one blocks with an insane amount of end pressure.

The thing is, that's his job in that system, what you're failing to see is I'm just stating the facts.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
He gets double teamed and pushes both of them back. What would you know? Your too busy watching the Bucs.
I get stuck watching the Lions every Sunday, I've seen the <Censored> happen. Watch the Philly film of Suh.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I like seeing the breakdowns and seeing it say "One on One" matchup on Suh. Makes me laugh, because you know he'll win that battle, and he has KVB, and Avril to thank for that. Especially KVB.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
They still suck though Daniel Muir gets pushed down like a little kid.
Then if you read what I said above they're not doing the job correctly if they're getting thrown on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%