Just bought AllDayFS.com..

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't care what happens, as long as at least a couple SI members remain and I can make inside jokes 

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
ThomasTomasz said:
I will be the first to say that I thought a merge between their primary community and the one that I ran/owned at the time would work.  However, due to many factors it did not, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt to them.  I've posted with many of the core guys for years, and want nothing but for them to find a stable forum and sit with it. 

My big thing is that it is being phrased as a merge on their site, but over here, it is being phrased as you buying them out.  Which is it?  Buying the site and a merger are fundamentally different, and while my merge didn't work out, those are good guys at the site who need some place stable and not being brought to yet another site.  If this is a buyout, I do not anticipate it working at all and you will have wasted your money and time here, and you will have wasted the time of everyone else at All-Day and then have to make them find another forum to post it.  

Anywho, I hope that my post isn't deleted, but it's your choice.  I doubt I will log back in, so go ahead and do what you want to with it, but just know that you guys should have the integrity to phrase this purchase as what it is now, instead of the merge they think it's going to be.  Those guys deserve that.  

To make it easier for everyone, I bought ADFS but I didn't buy out Scott.  We are all hitting this together and we will be doing alot for the new site.  Scott, Matt, Brian, Eric(my brother), the staff on SI, the staff on ADFS are all on board to make the new merged site a very successful one.  No one was bought out.

What site did you try merge?

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ThomasTomasz said:
I will be the first to say that I thought a merge between their primary community and the one that I ran/owned at the time would work.  However, due to many factors it did not, but I will give it the benefit of the doubt to them.  I've posted with many of the core guys for years, and want nothing but for them to find a stable forum and sit with it. 

My big thing is that it is being phrased as a merge on their site, but over here, it is being phrased as you buying them out.  Which is it?  Buying the site and a merger are fundamentally different, and while my merge didn't work out, those are good guys at the site who need some place stable and not being brought to yet another site.  If this is a buyout, I do not anticipate it working at all and you will have wasted your money and time here, and you will have wasted the time of everyone else at All-Day and then have to make them find another forum to post it.  

Anywho, I hope that my post isn't deleted, but it's your choice.  I doubt I will log back in, so go ahead and do what you want to with it, but just know that you guys should have the integrity to phrase this purchase as what it is now, instead of the merge they think it's going to be.  Those guys deserve that.  
I know this guy.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I really don't care what happens, as long as at least a couple SI members remain and I can make inside jokes 
I love inside jokes.
I'd love to be a part of one someday.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Idk if it's just me or not, but this merger seems hella-forced on our side.

We were told randomly out of the blue that we had new owners. Didn't even know SI was available for purchase, until we had two new members introducing themselves as owners. Then they start to tell us that we are merging to other sites, and renaming the site altogether, and this is without the input from the entire board. I understand both GMF and Nola really want new members here, and the rebrand helps that, but what about everybody else? Sal, CC, Dez, cheato, etc? Nobody was asked for input on whether they wanted a new site. Sure we're fading but that easily could have been rebuilt with a strong sim league and advertising for new members. That's why we perceive it as a buyout -- because all SI needs is more activity to regain its status as a popular forum, and we need the other site far less than they need us. I don't know how many of us want a merge, nor how many are willing to continue posting.

I know the board here is thinking of just renaming it to Sports Insomnia, but according to BrewCrew that isn't what's happening? I wanna build SI back up to its popularity, not become some new site.

It's possible that we are going to re-name it to Sports Insomina. We are still deciding on the name and forum software (deciding between XF and IPB) 

Anyways, ADFS really doesn't need this, but it just makes too much sense. We have 2 full NBA sim leagues, MLB sim league, and we have some sports talk. You guys have sports talk but no sim leagues.

Also, we know how hard it is to get people to join forums these days. Between, FB, twitter, and reddit people can discuss sports or w/e they want on that. This is where our plan with Shaggy comes in with the new site for articles, and promoting that way. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
this. all i want is our members to stick around because honestly, we're like a family. we all know enough about one another, we can come on and ask personal questions that are completely off topic and it'll still make sense.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We need our sully and rj hunter jokes

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This forum essentially created Kent Bazemore.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I sure did

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and steve blake the closer

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If I can't post about the Celtics' assets and James Harden sucking and being overrated, well then I can't post at all dammit.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you guys have twitter add me on twitter
I have sheldon

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really don't mind bringing the sim leagues over here, but I don't understand how the whole articles and individual team forums part is gonna be successful. Both of those markets are already tapped out. If someone wants to go to a blog about their individual team they're gonna go to SB Nation or Fansided, sites that are already established and can churn out content in a way that can't be matched without some serious capital, as none of us actually write for a living. And if you go the other way and shoot for individual team forums you have to compete with the likes of ProSportsDaily, RealGM, and Reddit, each of which dwarf us.

I can see where you're coming from, but if you want to create a place that's going to bring in loads and loads of activity and traffic you need to offer something original that they can't get anywhere else. Right now, how I see it, you're trying to recreate a model that's already out there and hoping it will yield the same results, and I just don't see that happening without serious investments in both time and money. We should be trying to innovate, not imitate. Any real gain is going to come from finding the next way for people to talk about sports online, instead of focusing the way that they've done in the past.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
On a serious note:

I have no true knowledge of how to run a sports forum, especially THE Sports Forum, but this doesn't seem like it's going to end very well. It feels like there are three parties here: SI, the board we're potentially merging with, and the owners. All three of these parties for the most part, save a few people who are in the know, are all on different pages right now and are being left in the dark about what is really going down. Are we adopting this forum? Is this a merge? Is a new board coming?

Like some people have already said, the only reason I post on this board anymore is because of the friendships I have with the users who I've spent as many as TEN FREAKING YEARS with on this site. If other members want to join, great. If not, SI would never fail because the group of guys we have now are what drive this board. Moving that to another site is not going to go well. Some members won't go, others will try it out and slowly fade away, and others will blend into a community that isn't anything like what we have now.

Every time something like this has come up, I've said that we should stick this out instead of trying to make SI into something that it is not. I don't think my opinion holds much value to those who make the decisions, but as Mexi and elcheato and everyone else could attest to on this board, I'm always right. So there's that. But seriously, GMF, nola, and whoever else from our side of the boards are calling the shots, I think that you all should think long and hard about the long term future of SI and the members who drive it before making this decision.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea its pretty crazy
I don't even know you people yet we'd probably get along in real life

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Yea its pretty crazy
I don't even know you people yet we'd probably get along in real life
doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%