2014 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Jarvis Landry is going to get grossly under-drafted, man. If he does end up getting picked in the 3-4 round, that's the pick of the draft. Hands down (of the non-QBs).

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Carlos Hyde will end up being the steal of the draft if he ends up late 2/early 3 like some people are saying.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Hmm where have you seen that? I've seen late 1st to early 2nd.

TTN2810

Reaction score
via Rotoworld

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock believes Georgia's Aaron Murray and Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel might be the only two QBs in the class who could start right away in the NFL.

Alabama's AJ McCarron is now telling everyone that Mayock told him privately that he's the third starting caliber QB. We kid, AJ! We kid. Mayock gave 10 QBs Rds. 1-3 grades, but says the majority of them need a "redshirt" season. The analyst believes Murray might play the QB position better than any other prospect in the draft, but thinks he'll last until the third round anyway.

This is what I was saying about Carr/Bortles etc a few months ago. These guys really would benefit hugely by sitting. Not saying they will, but most of these "top" QB's really should be sitting next year. I disagree though that only JFF and Murray should start though. I'd be comfortable with JFF, Bridgewater, Murray, Mett or Fales (though admittedly I'm a lot higher on Fales then most people). The rest should sit, IMO. 

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TiTAN said:
Hmm where have you seen that? I've seen late 1st to early 2nd.

Kiper and McShit both said that there's a chance he could fall well into the second round.  I doubt it happens, but I wouldn't be surprised.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Yeah I don't pay attention to them lol. But yes, if he does last till then, that would also be a huge pickup.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mett needs to sit a year, to regain strength in his leg.

Carr also doesn't need a full year to sit; fix his footwork early and he's ready to go. Just needs someone whose good, to help him (Whiz, Norv, Arians)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mettenberger isn't all that accurate in his own right, and benefited playing with an elite receiving core who could catch practically anything. He needs more work than TTN is letting on (not to say you think he needs no work, TTN, I'm just sayin).

TTN2810

Reaction score
About Mett's knee: as of 3 weeks ago, it was already back at 97% strength. He'll be good to go by mini/training camp. He's already said if it was now he'd be a full go.

I get what you're saying Cheato. I disagree about the accuracy, and I know why too. People either like him or don't based on how they see him as a passer. Is he confident or is he reckless? I see the confidence, others see reckless. His WR's did make great catches for him, but he let them make those plays. He put the ball often time right where it needed to be so either the WR makes that great catch or it's incomplete. I can understand how other people think he just throws it up and ODB and Landry just came down with it. That was the case sometimes, but most of the time IMO Mett helped them by giving them those opportunities as much as they helped him by making the catches. 

He will need to alter his decision making though for sure. He would sometimes trust his arm and WR's too much and force some throws he absolutely shouldn't have. But I don't think that's a big issue. There's too much there that he's already shown in terms of his pre snap and post snap mental game for me to think he won't be able to make these minor adjustments.

As for Carr Bosox, fixing mechanics isn't that simple. Sure you can fix it in practise, but then when the pressure comes these young QB's just revert to their old habits and make the same mistakes. I would give him more than just mini/training camp to make the adjustments, and make them permanent.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not saying he just threw it up and hoped for the best. I was going more for he knew what he wanted to do with it, and at times would throw it inaccurately to that spot and have his talented core bail him out. Bail out might be too strong a statement to make, but something along those lines.

I don't have a problem with it, there's room to grow. If he had better accuracy he'd be a top 5 lock.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
idk if you watched his tape or not TTN, but as much as I don't like Hageman, he'd be REALLY good in tennessee

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hageman's one of those guys who has good tape but it's hard to find a fit for, especially in mocks.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Has good tape, but also awful tape

I've seen him walk during plays more than any other player in this draft. Hint, you shouldn't be walking during a play ever

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I haven't done a ton of work on him but most of that comes when the play's going away from him or already past him, no? I don't take issue with d-linemen walking in those situations, when in all likelihood they're not catching the ball carrier from behind and because it takes a lot out of you to put full effort towards getting in the backfield every play. 

He is pretty inconsistent though, some plays he's tearing up the backfield while other times he's getting earhole'd and pushed back by an o-lineman who shouldn't be moving him like that.

TTN2810

Reaction score
No I haven't watched DL at all lol. But yeah you guys have summed up pretty much exactly what I've heard about him.

Also, Louis Riddick posted this on Twitter:
Hearing rumblings of a potential draft day trade that could blow the top off of the draft involving the QB position.

Some people are hypothesizing that it could be the Eagles wanting to deal Foles and a pick to target Manziel. Hmm..

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm conflicted on that. I like Manziel and he's exciting as hell to watch, but I don't feel well about trading a QB who threw 7 TD's in a game last season and led us to the playoffs.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Just think though, if Foles could do that in that system, would could JFF do?!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eagles want to move up and get Manziel? Word? I'd take Foles & their first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%